Airshow London 2018

Discussion relating to 2018 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
captmjk16

Post by captmjk16 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:46 am

Editing is slow going thanks to that whole real life/job thing, but I'm making progress!

Here's some of my favorites so far.

Friday:

Saturday:

[media]https://www.facebook.com/mk16photo/vide ... 007994897/[/media]

More to come soon!
0 x

Chuter

Post by Chuter » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:29 pm

2 F-22 Raptors are staying with us in London this weekend. Woohoo!
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:19 pm

I hope someone bought this Raptor pilot a beer for waiting so long to fly and then doing an awesome job!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W74IDagmv9U
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Faust

Post by Faust » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:35 pm

As of 10:00 am on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018, the two Raptors are still out sunning themselves at the London International Airport!

They were parked right up where the accessibilty parking was, right at the end of Huron St. One of the Air Force personnel there said they weren't moving out today, either. "We're staying put." is how he put it.

It was a beautiful day today; perfect for an airshow, ironically, although a bit hot. it's literally doubly hot as last week for the show, and certianly more humid. Me, I'll take the cold of last week!

0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Video of the CF-18 demo and Heritage Flight practice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSK-CTlxZhM
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Raptor Prey

Post by Raptor Prey » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:10 pm

Faust wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:35 pm As of 10:00 am on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018, the two Raptors are still out sunning themselves at the London International Airport!

They were parked right up where the accessibilty parking was, right at the end of Huron St. One of the Air Force personnel there said they weren't moving out today, either. "We're staying put." is how he put it.

It was a beautiful day today; perfect for an airshow, ironically, although a bit hot. it's literally doubly hot as last week for the show, and certianly more humid. Me, I'll take the cold of last week!

So....days later do we have any updates regarding when and if the Raptors have left yet?
0 x

Brian

Post by Brian » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Raptor Prey wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:10 pm
Faust wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:35 pm As of 10:00 am on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018, the two Raptors are still out sunning themselves at the London International Airport!

So....days later do we have any updates regarding when and if the Raptors have left yet?
The London Free Press reported they were grounded waiting out hurricane Florence which makes sense

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/jet ... content=V1
0 x

Raptor Prey

Post by Raptor Prey » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Cool. I had a hunch that they were marooned in London due to stormy weather in the States. Then again the article also mentioned repairs being done by ground crew as well. I think the jets were stuck due to both bad weather and unreliable engines.

Has anyone here gone out to London Airport to see if the Raptors are still there at this moment?

Im just curious to see how long it'll take for them to fly out...😁
0 x

Chuter

Post by Chuter » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:02 am

The weather part has nothing to do with the Hurricane. Tyndall AFB is in Florida, no where close to a Hurricane. So the media reported that wrong. Them sticking around has absolutely nothing to do with weather, at all.

Both jets experienced some major mechanical issues which have kept them here being worked on. They were supposed to be gone this past monday be ran into the same issues again. There isn’t a timeline on their departure.
0 x

Chuter

Post by Chuter » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:48 am

Take a look at what it’s like to jump with the CAF Skyhawks and take a read on the skydiving experience. Special thanks to the Skyhawks crew for allowing us to join them in the air at Airshow London 2018!

https://www.thresholdimages.com/article ... ks-thejump
Last edited by Chuter on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Return to “2018 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”