Thunder of Niagara Airshow 2018

Discussion relating to 2018 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Just got an insider e-mail from Thunder of Niagara announcing and confirming a C-17 Globemaster III demo from the 105th Airlift Wing out of Stewart ANGB!

ICAS had it listed on their schedule already, but it's really nice to see confirmation from the show itself. Great addition!
0 x
Dan Gagnon

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:53 pm

Add the Warrior Flight Team as per their schedule. The 2 L-39s "Vandy 1" and "Roman 86" will perform a simulated dogfight. Should be a great act!
0 x
Dan Gagnon

yyz64

Post by yyz64 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:56 pm

I am guessing from a comment made on their facebook page that the Waterloo Warbirds are also going to be at Niagara in some way .
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:06 pm

yyz64 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:56 pm I am guessing from a comment made on their facebook page that the Waterloo Warbirds are also going to be at Niagara in some way .
I have seen those same comments, who I believe were posted by those involved with Waterloo Warbirds. Obviously no official confirmation of aircraft is available yet, but I would love to see their Vampire and T-33 Mako show up and fly.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

yyz64

Post by yyz64 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Or the Mig-15 haven't seen it fly in a while but it appears from the website it's airworthy again
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:12 pm

With yesterday's tragic accident involving the Thunderbirds, there will most definately be a safety stand down that will affect the team's schedule. While Thunder of Niagara is 10 weeks away, the most important thing is to investigate the crash, and to eventually have the team mentally and emotionally ready to start training and attending shows again, however long it takes.

While I would love for the Thunderbirds to return in time for the show, I fully understand what it would take for them to recover from this incident. I hope they take all the time they need. I'm sure as we get closer to June 9-10, we'll have a better idea of their status.

Blue skies to the pilot who passed on doing what he loved to do.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

zigtronics

Post by zigtronics » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:55 am

Please read this entire email; there are important updates regarding the 2018 Thunder of Niagara International Air Show.
Yesterday, Air Force Major Del Bagno, of the United States Thunderbirds, lost his life during a training accident near Indian Springs, Nevada.

Our heartfelt condolences go out to the USAF Thunderbirds, family, and friends of Major Bagno.

As a result of yesterday's accident, the Thunderbirds have canceled their appearance at this weekend's March Field Air & Space Expo. Because of this cancellation, we have received questions regarding the Thunderbirds participation in the 2018 Thunder of Niagara Air Show.

We expect an update on the Thunderbirds status in the coming weeks. During that time, the Thunderbirds will investigate the accident, assess their 2018 schedule, and confirm their participation at the 2018 Thunder of Niagara International Air Show.
Please note, the Thunder of Niagara International Air Show is 100% "GO!" and will take place on June 9th & 10th, at the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station.
We will share any updates regarding the United States Air Force Thunderbirds as soon as we get them.

Respectfully,
- "Az"
Your Thunder of Niagara Air Show Insider
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:47 pm

Add the VFA-106 Super Hornet Demo Team (tentative)

U.S. Navy TACDEMO Facebook page announced the approved schedule. VFA -106 has announced that Thunder of Niagara is approved for participation. Actual participation of the show will be determined in May.

The team only has released a schedule of 6 shows. Obviously there are factors affecting this year's schedule (budget, maintaince of jets, etc)

Happy to see Niagara approved. Hopefully by May we get a concrete "yes" for the demo.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:59 pm

Despite what was stated above by the U.S. Navy TAC DEMO facebook page last week about the 2 shows in June getting actual participation approval in May, Thunder of Niagara has announced the Super Hornet to their line-up, per their facebook page.

I hope they didn't jump the gun on this announcement. If it is confirmed that's a lot of noise for this year's show! Now just waiting for the website to finally get updated to show the performers list, static list etc.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5784657739
0 x
Dan Gagnon

alexp2805-

Post by alexp2805- » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Battle Creek did the same, announcing the Super Hornet before May.
0 x
@AllStarAviation - Instagram
@AllStarAviationPics - Facebook

Return to “2018 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”