Gathering of Warbirds - Waukesha, WI - May 25th 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
RyanS

Gathering of Warbirds - Waukesha, WI - May 25th 2019

Post by RyanS » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:49 pm

This is a smaller, one day event out on by the local CAF wing that is more of a fly-in than an airshow. Various aircraft will fly, and they are selling rides in some of them.

Saturday, May 25th, 2019
Waukesha County Airport
10am to 4pm

More info:
https://www.cafwi.org/gathering-of-warbirds.html
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Fri May 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Tentatively planning to head up for this. Your photos and video from past events look fun. I enjoy the more laid back events and it looks like this fits the bill. A bonus is that it's just close enough to be a reasonable day trip without the need for an overnight stay.

The Facebook page has shared that two F-86s, two T-33s and a TBM will be attending in addition to the B-25. Should be fun!
Last edited by kalamazookid on Fri May 10, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Matt

Have Blue

Post by Have Blue » Fri May 17, 2019 3:55 am

It's a great little event - I attended the first one several years ago, and was impressed enough that a few months later I actually joined the CAF and the wing itself! Have met some amazing folks and actually got to help with the restoration of "That's All, Brother" as a result! Ryan has provided us with some phenomenal photos from the previous years, and I hope that this year (with waivered airspace for the first time!) will be the most impressive yet!

So... yeah, please come on out to our little warbird gathering thingy - we think it's pretty neat!
2 x