Airshow London 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
yyz64

Post by yyz64 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:21 pm

The F-35 is a great static addition no doubt.
But as mentioned above the Friday night show is great.You will see arrivals that will not fly in the show.Last year it was the F-15E, F-22 and others that all arrived during the show. And the year before the show started with the 3 Toledo F-16's and 2 CF-18's flying over together at the start.Awesome to see and not a regular part of the show either.Or the Bayou boys and the F-15C's a couple of years ago as well.Friday night is a great night and you never know what will show up during the 3 hours of power. I don't want to come off negative about London, they have always delivered.But this new marketing team seems alot like the old one and that's not good.
0 x

Brian

Post by Brian » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:35 pm

"Enjoy this teaser and get ready to be blown away next week"

2 weeks later, still waiting to be blown away, one announcement a week is not going to do it
0 x

Hook

Post by Hook » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:31 pm

Sorry about all of the delays.

Rest assured, a good show is coming as always. I know everyone has been patient but we should have a good week of announcements.

The aircraft list for the show with as requested, new SQNs and a few new aircraft is coming.

We have always ensured that ASL has the most accurate and up to date info so you are not surprised. This year has been unusable for sure with the confirmation timelines from the SQNs. It’s a little out of Air Ops control.

There is also pressure from other shows in Canada when our list comes out so it’s nice to let the other guys have their day in the sun.

Sorry but no Red Arrows or F35 demos. Big effort to get both but it wasn’t in the cards.

The ramp will be full again with around 4 hours of flying.

Hook
3 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:21 pm

Hook wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:31 pm Sorry about all of the delays.

Rest assured, a good show is coming as always. I know everyone has been patient but we should have a good week of announcements.

The aircraft list for the show with as requested, new SQNs and a few new aircraft is coming.

We have always ensured that ASL has the most accurate and up to date info so you are not surprised. This year has been unusable for sure with the confirmation timelines from the SQNs. It’s a little out of Air Ops control.

There is also pressure from other shows in Canada when our list comes out so it’s nice to let the other guys have their day in the sun.

Sorry but no Red Arrows or F35 demos. Big effort to get both but it wasn’t in the cards.

The ramp will be full again with around 4 hours of flying.

Hook
Thanks for the update Hook! Some are more patient then others when it comes to this stuff. The Facebook comments are especially eye roll worthy lol. Can't wait to see what you guys got in store in the next 5 weeks!
0 x
Dan Gagnon

Brian

Post by Brian » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:26 am

could be that some are paying more to get to this show such as airline tickets, rent a car, hotel rooms, than others so it would be nice to know that money isn't wasted
0 x

Hook

Post by Hook » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:47 pm

Brian wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:26 am could be that some are paying more to get to this show such as airline tickets, rent a car, hotel rooms, than others so it would be nice to know that money isn't wasted
I agree 100 percent Brian. That’s why I posted.
1 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Insider e-mail alert!

MV-22 Osprey confirmed for static display!

Definately a rare appearance for one of these birds, especially in our neck of the woods!
0 x
Dan Gagnon

Brian

Post by Brian » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:04 pm

awesome! great addition!
0 x

Bokimon

Post by Bokimon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:11 pm

I too share some concerns with this years edition of the Airshow London. I am planning to fly over all the way from Calgary to take in the experiences that I have so highly heard about during previous editions which were of stellar quality, especially for the air demo.
The static is fine but the air demo needs a bit more oomph beyond a CD-18 and an A-10. If there is something unique that the organizers can permit such as flare dumps, all the shortcomings will be gladly forgotten..

I'd like to see some heavy air demo of a bomber or galaxy or even some formational flybys or coordinated strike simulations. Especially if I am paying top dollar for the multiday photo package.
0 x

Faust

Post by Faust » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:08 pm

Whoa!!

V-22! Now that IS awesome! I've wanted to see one of those for a very long time! That's a good score indeed.

Now, to beef up the flying display...

I'm glad I came here, since the website wasn't yet updated, and I thought another day'd gone by with no news!
0 x

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”