Airshow London 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:56 pm

I've heard rumblings on Facebook that the heavies will be arriving on Wednesday. Not sure if the person who stated this is involved with the show or not.

I know some arrivals occured on Wednesday last year, but most of the arrivals, especially heavies arrived on the Thursday. I really don't want to miss the B-52 in paticular lol

Just trying to decide if it's worth coming the Wednesday this year lol
0 x
Dan Gagnon

James_Donaghy

Post by James_Donaghy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Dan Gagnon wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:56 pm I've heard rumblings on Facebook that the heavies will be arriving on Wednesday. Not sure if the person who stated this is involved with the show or not.

I know some arrivals occured on Wednesday last year, but most of the arrivals, especially heavies arrived on the Thursday. I really don't want to miss the B-52 in paticular lol

Just trying to decide if it's worth coming the Wednesday this year lol
I fly in on the weds, i really hope these rumblings are wrong. Id hate to miss any arrivals!
0 x

mstares

Post by mstares » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:53 am

Looking at last year's thread, the only Wednesday arrivals were the Viper Demo and some CF-18s (Demo bird and spare, maybe?).

Hopefully, as in past years, we'll still see the vast bulk of arrivals on Thursday and Friday.
0 x

Faust

Post by Faust » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:03 pm

It would be great if anyone has a planned arrival log (Is there such a thing? ) to see it up here.

If anyone from ASL has any idea what's coming in when, please, PLEASE put it up here. I'm planning on taking a day off work to go out Thursday, but if it's going to be pointless, I'd rather not lose the day's pay.

Thanks!
0 x

Chuter

Post by Chuter » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:49 pm

Faust wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:03 pm It would be great if anyone has a planned arrival log (Is there such a thing? ) to see it up here.

If anyone from ASL has any idea what's coming in when, please, PLEASE put it up here. I'm planning on taking a day off work to go out Thursday, but if it's going to be pointless, I'd rather not lose the day's pay.

Thanks!
For security reasons, those logs are usually kept to Airshow or Airport staff. The best place to catch up for timings is on Facebook groups. This site isn't quick enough for people to post live alerts. Expect the same flow as before years, maybe a few small arrivals Wednesday with Thursday and Friday being the busiest days.
0 x

archaic34

Post by archaic34 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Does the photo tour include a lunch or provide chairs? Never been to the London show before and I was unable to find that information on the website. Hoping some photo tour veterans will be able to answer this for me. Looking forward to seeing the Snowbirds. Thanks in advance.
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:33 pm

Not meaning this personally, but "security reasons" is the stupidest BS excuse that airshows love to throw out. Many shows publish schedules/info and I have never heard of any having a related security incident. :roll:
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

mstares

Post by mstares » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:12 pm

archaic34 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:19 pm Does the photo tour include a lunch or provide chairs? Never been to the London show before and I was unable to find that information on the website. Hoping some photo tour veterans will be able to answer this for me. Looking forward to seeing the Snowbirds. Thanks in advance.
According to the photo tour email... "... additional bleachers, lunch coupons for Thursday and Friday (3 and 5 day passes)"

Most of the photo pit is geared to BYO-chairs, but they have a line of bleachers at the back for those without or those arriving too late for a fenceline spot (Regretably. they do oversell the photo pit but if you arrive late, a top row bleacher spot still provides unobstructed shots... a suggestion from a couple of us last year was if they intend to maintain pit ticket numbers at those levels, and do not expand the frontage, then they needed more bleachers ... looks like they listened.)

On Friday, Saturday and Sunday they tend to provide water and some snacks in the photo pit. I don't think water was initially in their plans (I don't recall it being promised) but they reacted nicely during the blisteringly hot show of 2017 and brought in flat after flat of iced water (Small price to pay to avoid patrons with heat stroke). I still hump in some water though, just in case.

Mark
0 x

mstares

Post by mstares » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:17 pm

Also we now have an 'insiders' email announcing the Alaskan KC-135 Tanker flying demo...

Nice addition, but as mentioned earlier this has been on the website for a week.

In any event, I board my flight in 8 days and am looking forward to taking my seat on Thursday (Once I buy it at a Canadian tire, somewhere near the 401!).

Mark
0 x

yyz64

Post by yyz64 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:00 pm

The latest marketing ploy to secretly release performers and static planes already on the actual website. Still don't get it but I bet the T-33 as a performer may be next for trainer Thursday :o
0 x

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”