Airshow London 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Sat May 25, 2019 5:05 pm

US ANG F-16 Fighting Falcons confirmed for static display! Hoping for some sweet arrival passes either during Thursday/Friday or maybe Hour of Power night show ;)

https://www.facebook.com/AirshowLondon/ ... tn__=EHH-R
0 x
Dan Gagnon

Chuter

Post by Chuter » Sat May 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Dan Gagnon wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:05 pm US ANG F-16 Fighting Falcons confirmed for static display! Hoping for some sweet arrival passes either during Thursday/Friday or maybe Hour of Power night show ;)

Your wish will most likely come true! 4x the Viper!
0 x

mstares

Post by mstares » Sat May 25, 2019 7:27 pm

This announcement blitz has been filling things in nicely. A couple of interesting points I've noticed from from Mr. Vanderhoek on the ASL FB page:

In response to a question about more flying a/c (These -16s are, in theory, static):

"Good day. We are working on more flying all of the time. The approval process on the military end takes longer than the static process. We have quite a few more potential fliers that will hopefully make everyone happy."

Given ASL's track record of the past three years I take this response as sincere. Whilst some presume the term 'flying' means full demo (and are thus disappointed by what turns out to be flypasts), some of my best shots (and enjoyment, see below) come from the patterns worked by the arriving/departing non-demo but 'flying' aircraft.

In response to which units the -16s are from (I've noticed a pattern of not mentioning source units):

"We will reveal the SQNs on the webpage next month. Sometimes it changes as in this case. One dropped off and we added a different one this week"

Nice to see helpful responses from show leadership on social media
Attachments
IMG_5322.JPG
IMG_5322.JPG (58.72 KiB) Viewed 11815 times
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Sat May 25, 2019 7:56 pm

mstares wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:27 pm This announcement blitz has been filling things in nicely. A couple of interesting points I've noticed from from Mr. Vanderhoek on the ASL FB page:

In response to a question about more flying a/c (These -16s are, in theory, static):

"Good day. We are working on more flying all of the time. The approval process on the military end takes longer than the static process. We have quite a few more potential fliers that will hopefully make everyone happy."

Given ASL's track record of the past three years I take this response as sincere. Whilst some presume the term 'flying' means full demo (and are thus disappointed by what turns out to be flypasts), some of my best shots (and enjoyment, see below) come from the patterns worked by the arriving/departing non-demo but 'flying' aircraft.

In response to which units the -16s are from (I've noticed a pattern of not mentioning source units):

"We will reveal the SQNs on the webpage next month. Sometimes it changes as in this case. One dropped off and we added a different one this week"

Nice to see helpful responses from show leadership on social media
Agreed Mark. I was the one who asked about the SQN, as it's cool to see where these guys are coming from and to see if we see some different units show up from year to year. Hook is also really good about popping in on these forums to give us updates and what not.

A little nugget he also mentioned when someone asked about the Blues performing this year:

"Sorry but not this year. Keep an eye out for 2021."

Always thinking ahead!
Last edited by Dan Gagnon on Sat May 25, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sun May 26, 2019 12:03 am

Dan Gagnon wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:56 pm A little nugget he also mentioned when someone asked about the Blues performing this year:

"Sorry but not this year. Keep an eye out for 2021."

Always thinking ahead!
All shows hoping for a 2021 performance have to submit their request form pretty soon, so every show is looking ahead to 2021 at this point :D
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Chuter

Post by Chuter » Sun May 26, 2019 2:03 pm

Gerry and Mike are two of the best Air Ops people in the industry. Unbelievable what they manage to pull off every year. 2019 should be amazing, some of the announcements coming down the pipeline are going to knock people off their feet.
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Sun May 26, 2019 4:12 pm

USAF T-38 Talon confirmed for static display!

https://www.facebook.com/42855070399711 ... 6/?app=fbl
0 x
Dan Gagnon

KC_Aviation

Post by KC_Aviation » Sun May 26, 2019 5:20 pm

Great additions keep coming in! I agree with Mark...while we all love the demo teams, I love to have line jet fly-bys at shows. Most shows in the US in the 80's & 90s always seemed to snag fly-bys of jets out on training missions, and they provide great photo opportunities. Wish it happened more often. Most shows these days, it's either demo jets, or nothing at all.

David
1 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Mon May 27, 2019 4:07 pm

USANG A-10 Thunderbolt II confirmed for static display!

0 x
Dan Gagnon

mstares

Post by mstares » Mon May 27, 2019 4:25 pm

Making the wild leap in assuming the ANG A-10's are the Michigan birds. They tend to play to the crowd which is a huge plus. Hopefully they bring some merch this year. My patch addiction has not be satisfied in that regard.
0 x

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”