Airshow London 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Faust

Post by Faust » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:02 am

Not only no RCAF static, but no "fifth generation" stuff, either.

I guess we've been spoiled, but I was hoping for F-22s and F-35s again. Always nice to see those two, especially since they're getting the F-35 operational and lifting maneuver restrictions, so we could see what it can actually do (at least more than before.)

I've got my fingers crossed.
0 x

Viper

Post by Viper » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:46 am

Hi guys look for Lots of releases over the next couple of weeks with some great additions to the Airshow London Line-up. as for the RCAF we do not get our tasking list till 30 days out of the show and at that point we have an idea of what we will be getting from the RCAF even though it is still extremely tentative even at that point. We kind of have an idea leading up to that but it can change in an instant and the RCAF prefers if we wait till the 30 days out mark. Bare with us as Hook said we have a new marketing team so the releases will be changed a little form the previous years. But will still reach you and we hope you enjoy what we have been able to put together. Many sleepless Nights have been had by Hook and myself :D .
Last edited by Viper on Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Faust

Post by Faust » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:19 pm

Wow, the RCAF only gives you a month's lead time? That's a bit on the thin side!

I'll be watching with baited breath!
0 x

mstares

Post by mstares » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:59 pm

Viper, thanks for the update and all the efforts made.

I guess given the small size of our air arm, long lead time commitments don't make a lot of sense.

Cheers,

Mark
0 x

yyz64

Post by yyz64 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Viper wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:46 am Hi guys look for Lots of releases over the next couple of weeks with some great additions to the Airshow London Line-up. as for the RCAF we do not get our tasking list till 30 days out of the show and at that point we have an idea of what we will be getting from the RCAF even though it is still extremely tentative even at that point. We kind of have an idea leading up to that but it can change in an instant and the RCAF prefers if we wait till the 30 days out mark. Bare with us as Hook said we have a new marketing team so the releases will be changed a little form the previous years. But will still reach you and we hope you enjoy what we have been able to put together. Many sleepless Nights have been had by Hook and myself :D .
No offense but from the facebook page last week
"So ASL fans, we thank you for your endless support! Enjoy this teaser and get ready to be blown away next week."

So what happened? It shouldn't be that hard to release confirmations new marketing team or not.
0 x

Faust

Post by Faust » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:56 pm

yyz64 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:59 pm
"So ASL fans, we thank you for your endless support! Enjoy this teaser and get ready to be blown away next week."

So what happened? It shouldn't be that hard to release confirmations new marketing team or not.
Yeah, I was wondering about that too. I logged in this morning, and I was shocked to find that there was still nothing past the USCG stuff.

Maybe this week?
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Faust wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:56 pm
yyz64 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. I logged in this morning, and I was shocked to find that there was still nothing past the USCG stuff.

Maybe this week?
We don't really know what the new marketing team has in mind, but if they follow what they did last week, they will have 4-5 annoncements in one day. There's 5-6 weeks before show time. That's 20-30 more aircraft in that time frame. That's IF they follow that as a guideline (could be less or more, as was said, new marketing team)

As others have said. Patience grasshoppers. ASL has shown to have a stellar line-up since it's come back to the airshow scene.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

yyz64

Post by yyz64 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Dan I agree they usually have a great lineup but I also assume the"marketing team" were the ones who posted on Facebook "be prepared to be blown away next week." It's not rocket science for them to update the site .Didn't they also say after last year and people complained about the way they do the releases that this year they would release acts as they confirmed.I mean you want to sell tickets so holding back makes no sense to me as a marketing tool.
1 x

Brian

Post by Brian » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:52 pm

thing is every other year had a stellar line up by now, this year the line up, especially performers, is just plain lame

London wants to be Canada's number 1 show, but they have a lot to learn from abbottsford
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:53 pm

Brian wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:52 pm thing is every other year had a stellar line up by now, this year the line up, especially performers, is just plain lame

London wants to be Canada's number 1 show, but they have a lot to learn from abbottsford
But you don't know the lineup, because much of it hasn't been announced yet.

Don't hate the guys making the lineup when you don't even know it.
2 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”