Abbotsford International Airshow 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
SnowbirdsFanatic

Post by SnowbirdsFanatic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:23 am

Was just perusing Airshow schedules for the 2019 Air Show season and am noticing that the British red arrows have decided that they are doing a North America tour in August and September of 2019! This will be their first North American tour since 1993.They have listed the Abbotsford international Airshow as potentially being one of their only Canadian stops on the tour! Is this good information? What an amazing Air Show 2019 would be with the US Air force Thunderbirds the snowbirds and the British red arrows? Wow!
Attachments
Screenshot_20190111-164542.png
Screenshot_20190111-164542.png (730.34 KiB) Viewed 12576 times
Last edited by SnowbirdsFanatic on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Gary 8-)

Chuter

Post by Chuter » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:29 am

SnowbirdsFanatic wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:23 am Was just perusing Airshow schedules for the 2019 Air Show season and am noticing that the British red arrows have decided that they are doing a North America tour in August and September of 2019! this will be their first North American tour since 1993.They have listed the Abbotsford international Airshow as potentially being one of their only Canadian stops on the tour! Is this good information? What an amazing Air Show 2019 would be with the US Air force Thunderbirds the snowbirds and the British red arrows? Wow!
Just out of curiosity, where have the Red Arrows listed any airshows that are a "possibility"?
0 x

SnowbirdsFanatic

Post by SnowbirdsFanatic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:40 am

Chuter wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:29 am
SnowbirdsFanatic wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:23 am Was just perusing Airshow schedules for the 2019 Air Show season and am noticing that the British red arrows have decided that they are doing a North America tour in August and September of 2019! this will be their first North American tour since 1993.They have listed the Abbotsford international Airshow as potentially being one of their only Canadian stops on the tour! Is this good information? What an amazing Air Show 2019 would be with the US Air force Thunderbirds the snowbirds and the British red arrows? Wow!
Just out of curiosity, where have the Red Arrows listed any airshows that are a "possibility"?
This is the article they have recently posted.
https://www.raf.mod.uk/news/articles/re ... mark-tour/

My brother happens to know one of the crew and they were chatting about doing one of their west coast shows in Abbotsford. That's all I've heard for now. Hope this helps?

I don't see anything "official" posted on the Abbotsford Airshow pages yet so maybe they are in negotiations. Not my circus - not my monkeys.
1 x
Gary 8-)

AvgeekJoe

Post by AvgeekJoe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:56 am

Bingofuel wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 pm Knowing full well that the ICAS schedule page is less than accurate...listing the following for Abby 2019.

Snowbirds
Thunderbirds
Aeroshell
Cf18 demo
Erickson collection
HFF
HFM
Kent Pietsch
Manfred Radius
Jerry Conley Vampire
And...Commander NAF US Pacific fleet (maybe Super Hornet?)

Interesting Bob Freeman isn’t listed, maybe he’s not an ICAS member

Also looking less and less likely the Red Arrows will make an appearance based on fb and other social media comments. Hearing most likely only 1 Canadian show appearance. I’m guessing Toronto...Never know though
Thank you for posting this. A few thoughts:

a) Great to see America's Navy return to Abby!

b) I highly recommend the photo pit. Rampside access pre-general public, great frontline seating, great people.

c) All of these performers have visited Abbotsford before, so this schedule looks accurate.

d) As to Erickson Collection, Historic Flight Foundation/HFF & Heritage Flight Museum/HFM - that's the Pacific Northwest warbirds. They'll send up what they can between maintenance & pilot availability, and it will be fun!

e) I'm very confident Abby is where the Red Arrows will kick off their tour. Abbotsford after all is British Columbia, not Bowinnmbia or French Columbia.
Last edited by AvgeekJoe on Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

cf18hornet

Post by cf18hornet » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:01 am

Kent Pietsch added to flying display.
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:48 am

As many of you are aware the RAF Red Arrows will be announcing their schedule tomorrow. Unfortunately, as much as I hate to say it, Abbotsford will not be on the schedule. This has been officially confirmed to me.

On the bright side, we still have 3 amazing aerobatic display teams and there is still a possibility of a Super Hornet Tailhook Legacy Flight so that is something to potentially look forward to.
1 x

SnowbirdsFanatic

Post by SnowbirdsFanatic » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Last edited by SnowbirdsFanatic on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Gary 8-)

SnowbirdsFanatic

Post by SnowbirdsFanatic » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:42 pm

The official website reveal...

https://www.raf.mod.uk/display-teams/re ... -revealed/

Perhaps if there be enough fan support from Western Canada they might reconsider? I posted on their Facebook page. Join in - you never know - they still have time to amend their schedule or 'add an appearance'.

Besides...it is the Abbotsford "International" Airshow in beautiful "British" Columbia right!?

Their page states:

"Other public events, display locations and flypasts are still to be set, with engagement opportunities planned from coast-to-coast. Further announcements will follow as confirmations are made."

:D
Last edited by SnowbirdsFanatic on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Gary 8-)

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:23 pm

Dude, let it go...

Abby fans do not have a good reputation in the wider industry. Spamming the Red Arrows asking them to completely upend their plans to come to Abby will accomplish nothing except lowering that reputation further. The team doesn't even decide where they go anyway.
10 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Not to mention that it would be impractical as the Red Arrows won’t even be ready to perform in time for Abbotsford.

Personally I don’t see the reason to sulk over the fact that we have 3 Aerobatic Display teams instead of four. I’m more than excited for this years lineup and I know there will more to look forward to in the coming months.
3 x

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”