RAF Red Arrows announce 2019 North American Tour

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
BradleeG102896

Post by BradleeG102896 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Anyone have any idea when the Red Arrows might release a schedule or when the shows will be notified they are getting the team?
0 x
Typical Airshow Guy!

Flightline Uk

Post by Flightline Uk » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:03 am

Well, if they stick to the usual routine of the RAF Events Team it should be sometime in March once the schedule has been signed off by Air Command. There is no formal date for a public schedule release for UK military display team dates.

However, as the tour is out of the ordinary and many (if not all) of the display venues will already have an indication they will be hosting the team it could be announced separately in the New Year.

As a bit of background to why the UK military schedules are announced late compared to the US, bids for the various UK acts don't have to be made to the RAF Events Team (or Joint Helicopter Command or JSATO(Royal Navy)) until the end of September the year before the display season.

Those bids are collated and then between the Events Team and the display teams are filtered down to a workable display schedule. If things run to plan the schedules are signed off around early February and then the allocation letters are sent to the various events. Follow receipt of these letters and the events accepting them, the events are then free to announce what their allocation is. This is usually ahead of the team announcing their full schedule allowing event organisers to get the maximum benefit of making their own announcements to the media.
0 x

BradleeG102896

Post by BradleeG102896 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Flightline Uk wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:03 am Well, if they stick to the usual routine of the RAF Events Team it should be sometime in March once the schedule has been signed off by Air Command. There is no formal date for a public schedule release for UK military display team dates.

However, as the tour is out of the ordinary and many (if not all) of the display venues will already have an indication they will be hosting the team it could be announced separately in the New Year.

As a bit of background to why the UK military schedules are announced late compared to the US, bids for the various UK acts don't have to be made to the RAF Events Team (or Joint Helicopter Command or JSATO(Royal Navy)) until the end of September the year before the display season.

Those bids are collated and then between the Events Team and the display teams are filtered down to a workable display schedule. If things run to plan the schedules are signed off around early February and then the allocation letters are sent to the various events. Follow receipt of these letters and the events accepting them, the events are then free to announce what their allocation is. This is usually ahead of the team announcing their full schedule allowing event organisers to get the maximum benefit of making their own announcements to the media.
Thanks for the background on the UK side of planning things, never knew it worked like that. I was curious because my hometown show said they would be announcing their headlining act in February so I didn’t know how soon shows would be notified in advance of a schedule release.
0 x
Typical Airshow Guy!

Airshow4444

Post by Airshow4444 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:38 am

Flightline Uk wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:03 am Well, if they stick to the usual routine of the RAF Events Team it should be sometime in March once the schedule has been signed off by Air Command. There is no formal date for a public schedule release for UK military display team dates.

Appreciate the information!
0 x
Ricky Matthews - AirshowStuff Photographer/Reporter

Airshow4444

Post by Airshow4444 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:22 am

We tweeted at the Reds earlier today- couldn't say much but they're looking forward to the tour!

https://twitter.com/RAFRed1/status/1085 ... 5Et5wxQkAs
0 x
Ricky Matthews - AirshowStuff Photographer/Reporter

nosaints24

Post by nosaints24 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:40 am

Airshow4444 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:22 am We tweeted at the Reds earlier today- couldn't say much but they're looking forward to the tour!

https://twitter.com/RAFRed1/status/1085 ... 5Et5wxQkAs
I really hope they choose Cleveland, but they will probably end up choosing Toronto.
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:47 am

nosaints24 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:40 am I really hope they choose Cleveland, but they will probably end up choosing Toronto.
It's entirely possible that they share the weekend. Cleveland and Toronto have shared airshow acts in the past. The CF-18 Demo comes to mind. It would be cool if they could fly both shows at some point during the weekend! Being 3 day events might help.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

Flightline Uk

Post by Flightline Uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:16 pm

For the Red Arrows (and other military teams) within the UK (and Europe), it is routine for them to display twice in one day at different venues/operating bases. I believe they did just that during their last major US tour.
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:23 pm

Flightline Uk wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:16 pm For the Red Arrows (and other military teams) within the UK (and Europe), it is routine for them to display twice in one day at different venues/operating bases. I believe they did just that during their last major US tour.
This is a dose of good news I needed today! Hopes rising :D

I just need a freaking schedule so I can plan my summer trips out...
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Flightline Uk

Post by Flightline Uk » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:56 am

Hopefully, not long to wait for the full schedule as per Red 1's latest tweet:-
Keep checking the @rafredarrows website towards the end of Jan/beginning of Feb for our full list of display venues.
https://twitter.com/RAFRed1/status/1087301199160926208
Last edited by Flightline Uk on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x