RAF Red Arrows announce 2019 North American Tour

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 am

Our post is up: https://airshowstuff.com/v4/2019/royal- ... nada-tour/

What's the deal with Gatineau? Some crossed communication between the team and show?
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:50 am

RyanS wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 am Our post is up: https://airshowstuff.com/v4/2019/royal- ... nada-tour/

What's the deal with Gatineau? Some crossed communication between the team and show?
Is Gatineau french for Abby? ;)
1 x
Dan Gagnon

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:52 am

To bring the info here, these are the dates as well as locations announced today.

RAF Red Arrows 2019 US and Canada Tour Initial Schedule

August 13: Gatineau, QC
August 17-18: 61st Chicago Air and Water Show - Chicago, IL
August 21: Thunder Over the Boardwalk - Atlantic City, NJ
August 24-25: New York Air Show - New Windsor, NY
August 31-September 1: Canadian International Airshow - Toronto, ON

September 7-8: Spirit of St. Louis Air Show & STEM Expo - St. Louis, MO
September 20-22: Oregon International Air Show - Hillsboro, OR

October 4-6: The Great Pacific Airshow - Huntington Beach, CA
Last edited by RyanS on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Adam

Post by Adam » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:54 am

Nice spread of shows. Going on previous tours they will almost certainly have a good few flypasts over major cities and probably some business/diplomatic engagements too. I'm sure they won't let a moment of their time go to waste.
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:57 am

Gatineau has clarified the situation only slightly, announcing that the Reds coming is separate from their normal show and will take place on Tuesday August 13. This makes slightly more sense than the August 7-8 put out by ICAS. The regular airshow is September 7-8, same weekend as St. Louis.

https://mailchi.mp/a5aa2bb44ec5/the-bri ... BUNIQID%5D
Gatineau-Ottawa, Friday, February 8, 2019 - Two years after the visit of the Patrouille de France in 2017, Gatineau-Ottawa will host the prestigious Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at the Gatineau-Ottawa Executive Airport. The Red Arrows visit to the National Capital Region will be coordinated by the Aero Gatineau-Ottawa Air Show Team.

This exciting announcement was made today at RAF Scrampton, Lincolnshire (UK), the home base for the prestigious team, as part of the unveiling of the first North American tour since 2008. The Red Arrows stop in Gatineau will be the first of the teams 2019 North American tour and their only performance in Eastern Canada. Furthermore, Gatineau will be the only show in Canada where the public will have the opportunity to meet the pilots after their show.

"We are really proud that the Red Arrows have trusted our team and accepted our invitation. We've been waiting for this opportunity for years and for us, there was no way they could come to Canada and not visit the National Capital Region!” said John Bennett, General Director of Aero Gatineau-Ottawa.

The Red Arrows visit is a prelude to Aero Gatineau-Ottawa 2019. This year’s air show will be held over three days, September 6, 7 and 8.

Details on the Aero Gatineau-Ottawa Air Show, the Red Arrows performance and ticketing will be unveiled in the coming weeks.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:16 pm

I guess the big decision for me will be whether to deal with a beach airshow (Chicago), or skip out on the Waukegan/Grissom shows I was hoping to meet up with friends at to go to St. Louis. Hmm.
0 x
Matt

nosaints24

Post by nosaints24 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:24 pm

Wow. That’s it huh? Pretty disappointing schedule overall. Nothing close enough to work with my work schedule. Guess I’m not seeing them.
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 pm

No, they've clearly stated that there will be more performances announced in the coming weeks.

That said, there is some faint hope for Cleveland and London but I don't think they'll be doing much else in the Midwest.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

RFDGuy

Post by RFDGuy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:59 pm

I also think its pretty obvious they went for biggest viewership impact and why wouldn't they? All about exposure.
3 largest US markets (New York essentially twice). Big Canadian markets #1 Toronto with Ottawa #4.
St. Louis because of Boeing? Easy stopping point for their trip West? I dunno I'm happy with it :D
1 x

Flightline Uk

Post by Flightline Uk » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Small change to the team, Flight Lieutenant David Simmonds has suffered a leg injury and will be replaced for the 2019 season by former team member Flight Lieutenant Mike Bowden who was about to leave the RAF.
0 x