Nellis AFB Aviation Nation 2017

Discussion relating to 2017 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Check out the Nellis AFB facebook page at 12:30 PST as they will reveal special art for the show (poster). It also states they will answer any questions anyone may have about this year's show.

Here is the Facebook post and link to their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/NellisAFB/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 2026774393
0 x
Dan Gagnon

rhinonavy

Post by rhinonavy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:39 am

Nellis air show director and PAO posted a video on Facebook where they confirmed the F-35 will participate in the air-to-air/air-to-ground demo!!! Said there will be some surprises as well. Can't wait!
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:29 am

rhinonavy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:39 am Nellis air show director and PAO posted a video on Facebook where they confirmed the F-35 will participate in the air-to-air/air-to-ground demo!!! Said there will be some surprises as well. Can't wait!
I saw the video as well. Excellent to see the F-35 involved in the air to air/ground demo. I wonder if the F-22 will be involved in the air to air/ground demo as well.

Another excellent show!
0 x
Dan Gagnon

EricP

Post by EricP » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:29 pm

Brian wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:44 pm
EricP wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:10 pm Similar to some others that have posted here, I am making my first ever trip to Nellis for the show. As a photographer, I am curious as to how strict security is with bag size based on the criteria listed on the website so I am seeking out input from those of you who have attended before. I have a holster for my camera and 100-400 along with a lens pouch that attaches to the holster that I will probably take just to be safe. I will have a backpack I will be traveling with that has been acceptable at other shows including some guard bases. Just trying to see if I should even chance it with the backpack.

Also, I will be arriving Thursday before the show. Where would be the best places to try and plane spot on Friday? I know there is a place by the speedway and one at the other end of the runway, but not too sure where that is or how to get there. Would really appreciate any insight you all could give me. Thanks!
the other end of the runway is E Cheyenne Ave right off of North Nellis Blvd, you can get some good landing shots from there should they be landing from that end, mostly underbelly but they are almost close enough you could reach up and touch them, i haven't been there to catch take offs

also, last year i carried in my camera with 500mm attched to it in my hand and i also had a back pack, the size that'll fit under the seat of a plane, not small but not overly large
Thanks for the info Brian! Looking forward to my first trip out there.
0 x
Eric P.

EricP

Post by EricP » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:30 pm

Dan Gagnon wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:29 am
rhinonavy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:39 am Nellis air show director and PAO posted a video on Facebook where they confirmed the F-35 will participate in the air-to-air/air-to-ground demo!!! Said there will be some surprises as well. Can't wait!
I saw the video as well. Excellent to see the F-35 involved in the air to air/ground demo. I wonder if the F-22 will be involved in the air to air/ground demo as well.

Another excellent show!
Really excited to hear of this addition! Should make for a great first Aviation Nation experience.
0 x
Eric P.

JAMESV

Post by JAMESV » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen I am looking to attend Nellis Airshow 2017

I would be staying along the Las Vegas strip but i have seen that you need to arrive at the speedway to be able to gain entry into the show, as I would not be driving , would i be able to Arrive to the speedway in a private taxi and then board one of the shuttle buses to the Air show , or could i arrive at the Airbase and go through security there into the show ???

Many thanks for your advice

James

London England
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:35 pm

JAMESV wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:52 pm Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen I am looking to attend Nellis Airshow 2017

I would be staying along the Las Vegas strip but i have seen that you need to arrive at the speedway to be able to gain entry into the show, as I would not be driving , would i be able to Arrive to the speedway in a private taxi and then board one of the shuttle buses to the Air show , or could i arrive at the Airbase and go through security there into the show ???

Many thanks for your advice

James

London England
James,

To answer your question, The Las Vegas Transit can at least take you to the main intersection of the base (N Las Vegas Blvd and E Craig Rd). Last year, they had a bus go from dowtown Vegas all the way to the Speedway for the show weekend. Not sure if they are doing this again this year. Here is the website. Maybe shoot them an e-mail and see if this service will be offered again. http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/

While I can't access it right now, the Nellis airshow website had a parking map, and listed a lot specifically for cabs/uber drop off/pick up. http://www.nellis.af.mil/Air-SpaceExpo/

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Dan Gagnon on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

Astronaut_88

Post by Astronaut_88 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:06 pm

Around what time will the 'Air power' demo be on Sunday? This will be my 1st time at Nellis and really looking forward to the show.
0 x

rhinonavy

Post by rhinonavy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:59 pm

B-1 and E-3 have been added to static list!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
0 x

KC_Aviation

Post by KC_Aviation » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:08 am

Nice, glad to see some additions making the list. Hopefully I can catch the Bone coming in on Thursday! Also, hoping they add some more military hardware to the flying display...although everything listed is great in it's own way, everyone really comes to Nellis for the military. We need the Bone or the Buff to fly, or I'll be greedy and a U-2. I always thought it'd be cool if some of the Adversary jets from NAS Fallon would do a fly by there. Oh well.

David
0 x

Return to “2017 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”