2017 Abbotsford International Airshow

Discussion relating to 2017 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Bingofuel

Post by Bingofuel » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:36 am

theairshowdude wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:25 pm Not that I'm doubting him but is Mr. Bingofuel sure that this mystery plane only came here once.
A valid concern...Mr. Bingofuel is sure as death and taxes that this aircraft type has only been there once. Mr. Bingofuel is just hoping at this point is shows up. Military tends to be iffy with these things. Confirm then cancel then confirm then cancel etc...

Haven't heard anything YET about a Tornado, but Again..Military, especially foreign militaries, tend to take their sweet time (winky face)
0 x

Frenetic Enigma

Post by Frenetic Enigma » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:55 am

Bingofuel wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:36 am
theairshowdude wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:25 pm Not that I'm doubting him but is Mr. Bingofuel sure that this mystery plane only came here once.
A valid concern...Mr. Bingofuel is sure as death and taxes that this aircraft type has only been there once. Mr. Bingofuel is just hoping at this point is shows up. Military tends to be iffy with these things. Confirm then cancel then confirm then cancel etc...

Haven't heard anything YET about a Tornado, but Again..Military, especially foreign militaries, tend to take their sweet time (winky face)
I will admit to enjoying this riddle at first, but with apologies to Mr. Bingofuel....I am now quite bored of it. Especially since it is no longer even certain that this aircraft will even show.
The website has gone quiet for awhile now; anyone have info (without riddles) of new adds? Static or Flying?
0 x

theairshowdude

Post by theairshowdude » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:03 am

Bingofuel wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:36 am

Yeah, I know all militaries are like that. I'm just making sure because the list for this plane is extremely small I'm sure. If possible can we please get another hint Mr. Bingofuel. Also will you tell us what it is regardless of if it comes or not? Lastly I like how you were seeking in the third person. I got a good laugh out of that.
0 x

Strat45

Post by Strat45 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any information on the Spitfire at Abby this year. I see it's been removed from the Abbotsford site but remains listed on the HFF site. Really hoping to see it again this year!

Cheers
0 x

cf18hornet

Post by cf18hornet » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:25 pm

theairshowdude wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:25 pm Not that I'm doubting him but is Mr. Bingofuel sure that this mystery plane only came here once. Because the list seems to be quite small if you narrow it down to a jet engine that's only been here once. I'm sure a lot of the jet aircraft that have been here once have been retired. I'm still going with the Panavia Tornado since I've heard that it's coming from multiple sources. One of which is the military it belongs to.
And when a tornado hits a house there are many thick pieces of wood everywhere.
0 x

cf18hornet

Post by cf18hornet » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Personally I don't like it when anyone posts hints like this or saying "I know something you don't know" but won't tell anyone and leads everyone on for weeks and weeks. Stuff like this gets people's hopes up that something super exciting is coming. Then what happens if it never comes to fruition? There's a super letdown in the end and everyone ends up extremely disappointed. I would prefer if only confirmed aircraft that have a low probability of cancelling (Canadian and US assets) are posted this far away from the Airshow date or even suggest saying that this is in the works and let's hope it works out in the end. But don't hold everyone's hopes hostage. Once the Airshow is closer, the probability of cancelation is decreased significantly. This is when these special announcements should be confirmed as to avoid a major letdown in the end if a cancellation were to take place.
Last edited by cf18hornet on Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
0 x

riffraff

Post by riffraff » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Strat45 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:36 pm Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any information on the Spitfire at Abby this year. I see it's been removed from the Abbotsford site but remains listed on the HFF site. Really hoping to see it again this year!

Cheers
When I was at HFF earlier this year the spitfire didn't have an engine so maybe they aren't going to have it ready in time.
0 x

theairshowdude

Post by theairshowdude » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:04 am

Unfortunately the special weasel tail on the F-16 demo bird isn't being used anymore for the demo so we will just have a regular tail SW F-16 at abby.
0 x

Viper93

Post by Viper93 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:38 am

That's all right. The F-16 is my favorite fighter jet, and just seeing it here is awesome. First demo in Abby since the 50th anniversary in 2012. It is ironic that they are back for the 55th anniversary of the show 5 years later. So we will most likely see 4 F-16 fighter aircraft, 2 from the demo team, and 2 for static.
Last edited by Viper93 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Dsotm

Post by Dsotm » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:49 pm

is there a schedule for arrivals? do they usual make a pass or two or are arrivals pretty uneventful?
0 x

Return to “2017 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”