Thunder Over Louisville 2017

Discussion relating to 2017 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
kapitan

Post by kapitan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:14 am

Hourly forecast for Thunder Over Louisville 2017: 'Not good'

11 a.m.: As Ford's Thunder on the Ground begins, the weather is expected to be humid with the temperature around 51 degrees. There is an 80 percent chance of rain with sky cover close to 100 percent. More than a half-inch of rain is likely between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.

2:30 p.m.: Rain is expected to continue until 2 p.m. when the chance for precipitation dips from 80 percent to 60 percent. With the airshow beginning, the temperature is expected to be close to 54 degrees with wind gusts upward of 20 miles per hour.

5 p.m.: The temperature is expected is expected to reach 56 degrees during the Kentucky qualifier of Nathan's Famous' annual Fourth of July International Hot Dog-Eating Contest. The chance of precipitation is likely to stay above 60 percent, with continuing wind gusts of more than 20 miles per hour.

9:30 p.m.: The chance for rain is expected to dip below 50 percent right before the fireworks show begins. The temperature is likely to drop into the low 50s with light wind. Less than one-tenth an inch of rain is likely after 9 p.m.

11 p.m.: By the time the day's festivities are over, temperatures are expected to continue to drop toward the high 40s. There is a 40 percent chance of rain throughout the night and into Sunday morning. Skies are expected to remain cloudy with a nearly 100 percent sky cover.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/en ... /100687458
0 x

kapitan

Post by kapitan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:22 am

Djack wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:34 am Glad to see the show is once again on par where it used to be with loads of military participation. I want so bad to drive down for this show, but with the forecast of 100% rain, I'm having a hard time talking myself into the 9 1/2/ hr drive. Nice pics of the F-35s!

David
DanODell wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 pm I wanted to drive down from Dayton, but the forecast looks miserable.

Dan
Drive for the fireworks. Air show is just the icing on the cake :D
0 x

KC_Aviation

Post by KC_Aviation » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:33 am

Looks like I should have made the drive, I watched the live stream...weather ended up turning out pretty good.

David
0 x

Return to “2017 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”