Abbotsford International Airshow 2022

Discussion relating to 2022 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Bingofuel

Post by Bingofuel » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:12 pm

Excellent additions!

"Prepare to be Shocked". Shock is a common Luftwaffe callsign, maybe an A400? Or GAF Typhoon?
0 x

JA Boomer

Post by JA Boomer » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:44 pm

Bingofuel wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:12 pm Excellent additions!

"Prepare to be Shocked". Shock is a common Luftwaffe callsign, maybe an A400? Or GAF Typhoon?
Or a Sparky aircraft - so a Growler display?
Last edited by JA Boomer on Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Bingofuel

Post by Bingofuel » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:07 pm

JA Boomer wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:44 pm

I believe the "official" growler display duo is booked for Seafair the same weekend but ya never know
0 x

JA Boomer

Post by JA Boomer » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:07 pm

Bingofuel wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:07 pm
JA Boomer wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:44 pm

I believe the "official" growler display duo is booked for Seafair the same weekend but ya never know
Maybe a static display then.
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:34 pm

I’m hoping we have a better picture of all the flying events this week. With the way things are shaping up it seems that the highlight this year will be the static displays. I’ve heard a few interesting rumours when it comes to any more flying additions but I’m not holding my breath.
0 x

theairshowdude

Post by theairshowdude » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:43 pm

AirshowHawk wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:34 pm I’m hoping we have a better picture of all the flying events this week. With the way things are shaping up it seems that the highlight this year will be the static displays. I’ve heard a few interesting rumours when it comes to any more flying additions but I’m not holding my breath.
I agree with this. There's a few gaps in the flying schedule and currently nothing too mind-blowing that's flying. The Hornet demo and T-Birds are good but for the 60th you'd think there would be a lot more military demos and less civilian acts. Currently, as you said, it looks like the statics are the highlight which for a show like this it should be both equally. I'm hoping for more burner to be added to both the performer and static lists this week.
1 x

Nightmare22

Post by Nightmare22 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:37 am

Under three weeks to go but many announcements to come. Artemis and Poseidon are now known, will the grizzlies follow? The twilight show will hopefully be spectacular, maybe we will see the Northern Lights with Grus and Ursa Minor. Of course, it's going to be stormy that weekend with fury of Odin there will be lots of thunder and lightning, I wonder what other weather we will have? It could be hot so make sure you guys drink lots of water otherwise you might hallucinate. Anyway, sorry to cut it short but I'm taking my Mastiff's up to the Castle this weekend in my Jeep and I need to start packing.
1 x

liamallport18

Post by liamallport18 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:10 pm

Nightmare22 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:37 am Under three weeks to go but many announcements to come. Artemis and Poseidon are now known, will the grizzlies follow? The twilight show will hopefully be spectacular, maybe we will see the Northern Lights with Grus and Ursa Minor. Of course, it's going to be stormy that weekend with fury of Odin there will be lots of thunder and lightning, I wonder what other weather we will have? It could be hot so make sure you guys drink lots of water otherwise you might hallucinate. Anyway, sorry to cut it short but I'm taking my Mastiff's up to the Castle this weekend in my Jeep and I need to start packing.
Loving these riddles! Myself, theairshowdude, and some other friends have been having a blast with these, and we think we got a few answers for you.

Northern Lights are also known as Aurora Borealis, which points us to a CP-140 Aurora.

Ursa Minor's star at the end of its handle is Polaris, leading to my guess of a CC-150 Polaris.

Odin is also a fairly common callsign of 410 CF-18's.

Grus and Castle have us stumped for the time being, but Mastiff is used as a French Rafale callsign, fingers crossed that guess is accurate.

And last but not least, the only thing we could find for Jeep was MI KC-135's.

Thanks again for these, and looking forward to seeing what is planned this year!
2 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:22 pm

🚨STATIC ALERT🚨 We're celebrating #wingwednesday with another addition to our expected static display lineup. We're expecting 2 x RCAF CT-156 Harvard II aircraft from CFB Moose Jaw in Saskatchewan! 🙌
The Harvard II is lead-in training aircraft for RCAF pilots moving to high-performance jets. Powered by a turbo-prop engine, the Harvard II features a fully-pressurized cockpit and advanced instrumentation, making it an ideal stepping-stone to jets.
#abbyairshow #abbyevents #abbotsford #airshow #RCAF
https://www.facebook.com/AbbotsfordAirs ... %2CO%2CP-R
0 x

Ravens82

Post by Ravens82 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:02 am

Has anyone thought about the RAAF? I know they are gonna be up in Alaska end of July and the they use a few of the names in the riddles for call signs
0 x

Return to “2022 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”