TA-4 Skyhawk 518 For Sale

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
n33d4sp33d_85

TA-4 Skyhawk 518 For Sale

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:18 pm

You heard it here first! Today is a bittersweet day for us and the Skyhawk 518 team. We have decided to list our beautiful TA-4 for sale on the open market. The current owner and our team has given her a beautiful few years of care and stewardship but we are turning our attention to a new project and we hope to find the next owner in 518’s journey who will take care of her at least as well as we have.
We will post her full listing this week and I will be sure to share it here. But if any of you know of a good solid possible home for this beautiful piece of history, reach out to Jerod Flohr either on Facebook or Instagram. You can also message us right here on 518’s page. Please no tire kickers or time wasters, out of respect for everyone’s time. The aircraft will be sold with direct access to her current crew, should the buyer want to continue her air show operation and/or to get into the groove of taking care of her properly.
Asking price: $4.45M USD
https://www.facebook.com/skyhawk518/pos ... %2CO%2CP-R
For those who want the details:
For Sale: Our Beautifully Restored TA-4 dual seat Skyhawk Everything brand new or overhauled. Must be seen to be appreciated. Restored to show quality inside and out. The only fully restored TA-4 in existence. Can not be duplicated for the price, for Fighting Classics Aircraft Restoration to duplicate this aircraft today would cost over $7M.
Completely overhauled / IRAN / Restored to immaculate condition. No expense spared.
Pratt & Whitney J-52-P8B (9,300lbs Thrust), 110 hrs SMOH by Safe Air
Sandel SN4500 Electronic Attitude Indicator, Sandel SN4550 EHSI, Garmin GNS625xi GPS with WAAS, Collins AHS1000S Attitude Heading Reference System, Honeywell RT-300 Radar Altimeter System, Mid-Continent 4200-11 Standby Attitude Indicator, 2 Collins VHF-22 VHF Communications System, Collins VIR-32 Nav/GS/MKR Navigation System, Collins CTL-22 Communications Control Head, Collins CTL-32 Navigational Control Head, 2 NAT AA12-001 Audio/ICS System, RC Allen RCA2600-3 EADI (Back Seat) Sandel SN3500 EHSI (Back Seat) Honeywell CKMD150 MFD with GPS (Back Seat) TransCal SSD12030N Blind Encoder, 2 Comant CI119 Com Antenna (High Speed), Comant CI 105 Transponder Antenna, Comant CI 120GS Nav/GS Antenna, ARTEX ME406 ELT, 2 Sensor S672002 Radar Altimeter Antenna, 2 Davtron M877B Chronometer/elapsed time, Davtron M307FCE OAT/Voltmeter
New Avionics Emergency Bus System (allows full avionics capability for 30 minutes should the generator fail) New Main Fuel Bladder, New Nose and Main Wheel Bearings, New Nose and Main Wheel Tires, New Brake Pucks, All Screws and Fasteners Cad-Plated or Stainless
MISCELLANEOUS: Complete Overhaul/ IRAN, Unnecessary equipment removed, Wing X-ray and visual inspection per McDonnell Douglas/ Navy Maintenance Manual- report included, Forward Fuselage Section Inspected and All Major Components Removed for Overhaul and NDT Inspection Wing Components Removed for Overhaul, NDT and Visual Inspection Aft Fuselage X-ray, Overhaul to TA-4 Specification Aft Fuselage Components Removed for Overhaul, NDT and Visual Inspection All Wing and Tail Bolts and Bushings Inspected/ Magnafluxed Pitot Probe relocated to Vertical Fin per Navy ASC Pitot-Static Hoses/ Lines replaced Hydraulic System- All Components Removed/Overhauled/Tested Hydraulic System Filters Cleaned and/or Replaced, Aluminum Fittings Replaced with Stainless Steel. Hydraulic Pumps Overhauled by Aero Turbine All System Fluids Flushed and Replaced Electrical System: Nearly Every Wire Replaced, Marked and Installed per Navy Maintenance Manual Schematics. Unnecessary Electrical Components Removed Fuel System: All Components Removed/Overhauled or Replaced As Required Internal Wing Tanks Pressurized and Leak Checked Borescope of Engine. Engine History/Test Cell/Engine Trim Reports Included Complete Landing Gear Overhaul All Warning Lights, Switch Nomenclature and Required Placards Remarked with Silkscreen Backlit Panels Dash-1 (NATOPS Flight Manual) Included (CD) TA-4J Aircraft Pilot’s Checklist Included Complete Maintenance Manuals Included (CD) Includes FAA Approved Maintenance Manual Aircraft Weighed – New Weight and Balance
Additional Support Equipment: GTC-85 Air Start Cart (Huffer), one new nose-wheel/tire, 2 additional Main Wheel/Tires already mounted, 2 additional Main Tires (new), 2 Navy style Chocks, TA4 Ladder, Custom Covers (Pitot Tube, Intakes, AoA, Exhaust, and Bleed Blowout), 2 sets of (new) Brake Pucks, Hydraulic/Oil Service Equipment, 2 NES-12 Chutes
Asking $4.45M USD
Contact Jerod Flohr for more details
0 x

frojim

Post by frojim » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:13 pm

I like the photos. TA-4 is a monster. I didn't see the price at first, but when I did, it gave me the motivation to work even harder :D :D :D

It's a pity that you can't earn that kind of money for the rest of your life :roll:
1 x
Pisces have a water element and do not like signs with an air element. That is why the Pisces compatibility chart shows such a low percentage of compatibility between Pisces and air signs.

rfkl

Post by rfkl » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:14 am

The pictures are good. It's a beast, TA-4. I initially didn't see the price, but when I did, it inspired me to push even more. It really is unfortunate because i won't be able to make so much money the rest of your living :arrow:
Thank you.
1 x
Make Money Online FAST while sitting at home

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:18 pm

Screenshot 2023-06-20 105134.png
Screenshot 2023-06-20 105134.png (193.84 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x