2024 MCAS Miramar Air Show

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:22 am

September 27th - 29th
MCAS Miramar
San Diego, California
https://miramarairshow.com/

Featuring
- US Navy Blue Angels
- US Navy Leap Frogs
- USAF F-22 Raptor Demo
- USAF Heritage Flight [F-22 Raptor and P-51 Mustang]
- USMC F-35B Lightning II Demo
- USMC MV-22 Osprey Demo
- USMC Air-Ground Task Force Demo
- Vicky Benzing [P-51 Mustang]
- Ed Hamill [Pitts S2C]
- Aaron Fitzgerald [Bo 105]
- Aarron Deliu [Extra 330SC]
- Greg Colyer [T-33 Shooting Star]
- Red Bull Air Force Skydivers

Announcers: Rob Reider and Matt Jolley
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:40 pm, edited 15 times in total.
0 x

Bradentheavgeek_

Post by Bradentheavgeek_ » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:05 pm

Aaron Fitzgerald and the Red Bull Air Force will be there! (according to Aaron Fitzgerald's and the Red Bull Air Force's Instagram Page)
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:26 pm

TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE THE WEEK OF JULY 4
https://miramarairshow.com/tickets/
0 x

Joe1878

Post by Joe1878 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:13 am

Hi all, looking at potentially doing this one and wondered if anyone has ever done it before without using a car. Was looking at staying in one of the hotels near the base which is about a 15 minute walk from the north gate and was hoping you’d be able to just walk then to one of the shuttle buses that take you to the main entrances from the car parks. I’ve reached out to the show and not yet had a response so any guidance on this would be great.
Cheers
Joe
0 x

Bradentheavgeek_

Post by Bradentheavgeek_ » Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:50 am

Joe1878 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:13 am Hi all, looking at potentially doing this one and wondered if anyone has ever done it before without using a car. Was looking at staying in one of the hotels near the base which is about a 15 minute walk from the north gate and was hoping you’d be able to just walk then to one of the shuttle buses that take you to the main entrances from the car parks. I’ve reached out to the show and not yet had a response so any guidance on this would be great.
Cheers
Joe
Hi Joe,

I would recommend driving instead of walking because of the distance and time it takes. Get there early to avoid the traffic and to look at static displays in the mean time. I would recommend you leave at around 7:15 AM. The gates open at 8AM but the show does not start till 11AM. Also, stick around after the show is over and look at static display aircraft because there will be A LOT of cars trying to get out and it will take forever to leave if you try and leave after the show. I recommend buying a ticket for a chalet so you have shade as well as a place to sit (that has shade). Hope that helps and I hope you enjoy the show!!!
0 x

Joe1878

Post by Joe1878 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:20 am

Bradentheavgeek_ wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:50 am
Joe1878 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:13 am Hi all, looking at potentially doing this one and wondered if anyone has ever done it before without using a car. Was looking at staying in one of the hotels near the base which is about a 15 minute walk from the north gate and was hoping you’d be able to just walk then to one of the shuttle buses that take you to the main entrances from the car parks. I’ve reached out to the show and not yet had a response so any guidance on this would be great.
Cheers
Joe
Hi Joe,

I would recommend driving instead of walking because of the distance and time it takes. Get there early to avoid the traffic and to look at static displays in the mean time. I would recommend you leave at around 7:15 AM. The gates open at 8AM but the show does not start till 11AM. Also, stick around after the show is over and look at static display aircraft because there will be A LOT of cars trying to get out and it will take forever to leave if you try and leave after the show. I recommend buying a ticket for a chalet so you have shade as well as a place to sit (that has shade). Hope that helps and I hope you enjoy the show!!!
Thanks for the advice , the website says you can get dropped off in one location and then there’s a shuttle bus that takes you to the flight line entrance so will try and work on that. We were planning on getting some proper seating as well so good to know that’s the best way to do it.
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”