Quinte International Air Show 2024

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:51 am

Event Map
... we have a first look at our EVENT MAP. We will be announcing our static displays soon - this map doesn't include our statics, but you can see we have three distinct areas, plus - indoor exhibits.
We will have our parking and shuttle plan released in the next week! Parking and shuttles are included with your event ticket.
... please note: early bird parking is early arrival, early birds and photo pit!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1713149446194.jpg
FB_IMG_1713149446194.jpg (145.8 KiB) Viewed 221 times
Last edited by Dan Gagnon on Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Dan Gagnon

CultOfTheWyvern

Post by CultOfTheWyvern » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:44 am

I love how Baker Island is a "free parking" zone!

Starting to reconsider my plans to attend this one. It's a good-looking lineup, but I'm starting to question if it's good enough to warrant driving seven hours each way, including through Toronto, on a holiday weekend, for a show that seems like it'll have a lot of gaps between displays (22-minute slot for a C-17?). I already have a photo pass for Saturday and early bird for Sunday, so I'm invested, but considering alternatives.
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:41 am

Glad it's not just me thinking that about the schedule. 11 acts in over 5 hours? All the shows I did last year with a 5hr flying display had 20 acts minimum and one had 35! A comparable breakdown of military, civilian, warbirds etc at all those shows, too.

I ask this of any Canadians who might have an idea: what might this 1hr "show opener" consist of? I'd love to think the RCAF can muster something interesting and centenary-specific, like a preview of the Ottawa flypast the following week or something in the mould of Bagotville's Hornet airfield attack, in which case I'd go home pretty happy. Am I living in the land of the fairies?
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”