Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show & Balloon Festival 2024

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
HaloChiefs

Post by HaloChiefs » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:39 pm

YummyT414 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:44 pm I am assuming that the Osprey is not showing up this year, sense there hasn't been an update yet.
They posted on socials talking about all the military acts that will be there this year and the Osprey was not mentioned. So I would say your right to assume that.
0 x

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:09 pm

HaloChiefs wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:39 pm
YummyT414 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:44 pm I am assuming that the Osprey is not showing up this year, sense there hasn't been an update yet.
They posted on socials talking about all the military acts that will be there this year and the Osprey was not mentioned. So I would say your right to assume that.
Correct. An Osprey squadron never reached out and I don't blame them seeing as they are working on getting back to normal operation tempo. Seeing as we are within the 90 day range before the event, we are viewing this as highly unlikely (previously at the Marine Corps forum at ICAS they had stated that support for alternates would be notified prior to the 90 day mark). We still have a terrific lineup planned for this year!
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

YummyT414

Post by YummyT414 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:09 pm

Bretten Bailey wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:09 pm
HaloChiefs wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:39 pm
Correct. An Osprey squadron never reached out and I don't blame them seeing as they are working on getting back to normal operation tempo. Seeing as we are within the 90 day range before the event, we are viewing this as highly unlikely (previously at the Marine Corps forum at ICAS they had stated that support for alternates would be notified prior to the 90 day mark). We still have a terrific lineup planned for this year!
I haven't seen any of the acts perform before so I'm pumped up... My question is, are there going to be any ground display aircraft that you can see other than the top gun cockpit? This will be my first time at this airshow so I'm not sure if there usually are ground displays.
0 x

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:29 pm

HaloChiefs wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:39 pm I haven't seen any of the acts perform before so I'm pumped up... My question is, are there going to be any ground display aircraft that you can see other than the top gun cockpit? This will be my first time at this airshow so I'm not sure if there usually are ground displays.

We do not have any static displays here because we don't really have any ramp space. A runway runs through the event grounds but cannot support the weight of any heavies. We may have some smaller statics return one day but not for this year's event. Our main gate is at the end of the runway and down by where the aircraft stage for the air show is where we will have some military non-aviation displays and/or simulators and VR. The military acts themselves will stage from the ramp across the way at the WMU College of Aviation.
Last edited by Bretten Bailey on Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”