Air VG 2024

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM » Fri May 03, 2024 2:03 pm

FlyRed wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:55 pm Still torn on inside vs outside, probably depend on the weather. Looking forward to seeing the MiG and Rafale either way. While they have received a fair bit on negativity, so far the organization, information available and email/social response times I've found to be very good from the show and the airport. Hoping for a flying schedule to be released next week.
Same for me, if sunny, I might do the static and try to walk all the way around before 3pm (but I will not have any ladder so it might be a challenge to photography the Helicopters), if cloudy, I will stay inside. Weather forecast changes everyday at the moment.

As you said, the organisation for those who were able to secure their spotter pass/tickets is quite good and I have received my spotting permit in less than 24hours while I had to email them three times to get it 3 years ago !
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Fri May 03, 2024 6:17 pm

Likewise, I've had only good experiences regarding the responsiveness of the organisers and the airport authorities. Spotting passes from both airshow and airport confirmed within an hour. I don't fancy walking all the way round the far side of the runway (anyway, I have a flight to catch at 7:30 on Saturday) so I will stay in the showground and hope that it's well-organised.

The news article I linked earlier explains that 5,000 was the maximum capacity permitted by the airport operator and security services. When the airshow was announced in March the government said there would be up to 50,000 visitors - I guess the original intention was that this should have been a much bigger show in terms of audience numbers.

Definitely a shame that many will have missed out. But it's not quite the first airshow in Croatia for 6 years - there was an airshow in Pula in March which had quite a similar line up to AirVG (except no Rafales, of course) and last year there were small shows in Zemunik, Varazdin and Gornja Stubica.

@F-BSHM, do you have a link to the Notam you spotted? I will be interested to see the details.
Last edited by Adam on Fri May 03, 2024 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Adam

Post by Adam » Fri May 03, 2024 6:28 pm

Here's our answer about spotters!

350 spotters have been granted accreditation, from 24 countries.

https://www.vecernji.hr/vijesti/svi-zel ... vXnonpTnlB
0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM » Fri May 03, 2024 6:41 pm

Adam wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:17 pm Likewise, I've had only good experiences regarding the responsiveness of the organisers and the airport authorities. Spotting passes from both airshow and airport confirmed within an hour. I don't fancy walking all the way round the far side of the runway (anyway, I have a flight to catch at 7:30 on Saturday) so I will stay in the showground and hope that it's well-organised.

The news article I linked earlier explains that 5,000 was the maximum capacity permitted by the airport operator and security services. When the airshow was announced in March the government said there would be up to 50,000 visitors - I guess the original intention was that this should have been a much bigger show in terms of audience numbers.

Definitely a shame that many will have missed out. But it's not quite the first airshow in Croatia for 6 years - there was an airshow in Pula in March which had quite a similar line up to AirVG (except no Rafales, of course) and last year there were small shows in Zemunik, Varazdin and Gornja Stubica.

@F-BSHM, do you have a link to the Notam you spotted? I will be interested to see the details.
Yes, I was considering only the biggest airshow such as CIAV or Air VG but it's true that Pula Airshow had almost the same line-up !

For the NOTAMs, you can check them on the French DGAC website here : just enter the right date and LDZA for the airport code.

https://sofia-briefing.aviation-civile. ... haero.html
0 x

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM » Fri May 03, 2024 6:43 pm

Adam wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:17 pm Likewise, I've had only good experiences regarding the responsiveness of the organisers and the airport authorities. Spotting passes from both airshow and airport confirmed within an hour. I don't fancy walking all the way round the far side of the runway (anyway, I have a flight to catch at 7:30 on Saturday) so I will stay in the showground and hope that it's well-organised.

Yes, I was considering only the biggest airshow such as CIAV or Air VG but it's true that Pula Airshow had almost the same line-up !

For the NOTAMs, you can check them on the French DGAC website here : just enter the right date and LDZA for the airport code. (sorry, in fact I cannot add the exact link so go to "NOTAM" then "Autres options" then "Aérodrome" and type LDZA for airport code and the correct date.

https://sofia-briefing.aviation-civile. ... haero.html
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Fri May 03, 2024 6:44 pm

Excellent, thanks! I like the look of Notams A1007/24 and A1008/24, placing restrictions on non-airshow flights on Friday as well as Saturday, which suggests that the airport expects there may be practice displays.
0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM » Fri May 03, 2024 6:54 pm

Adam wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:44 pm Excellent, thanks! I like the look of Notams A1007/24 and A1008/24, placing restrictions on non-airshow flights on Friday as well as Saturday, which suggests that the airport expects there may be practice displays.
You are welcome ! Yes exactly, that's what it suggests 😉 There are also some nice aircrafts at Zagreb at the moment, I hope that they will still be present (CL415, An Air Tractor registered in Z3, and an Ukrainian An32 ! 😎 )
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Sat May 04, 2024 5:03 pm

I got quite a useful info pack today with information about bus routes, parking, rules for the spotter area etc. Hopefully all others on here got the same!
0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM » Sat May 04, 2024 5:18 pm

Adam wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:03 pm I got quite a useful info pack today with information about bus routes, parking, rules for the spotter area etc. Hopefully all others on here got the same!
Ok, nothing for me yet 😉
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Sat May 04, 2024 8:26 pm

F-BSHM wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:18 pm
Adam wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:03 pm I got quite a useful info pack today with information about bus routes, parking, rules for the spotter area etc. Hopefully all others on here got the same!
Ok, nothing for me yet 😉
If, after a few days, still nothing, I will send you mine by email so at least you can see the maps and transport info.
0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”