2024 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach Park

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

SWEEPSTAKES ALERT‼️ The Bethpage Air Show VIP Ticket Sweepstakes is back for our 20th Anniversary show! Enter today for a chance to win 4 VIP tickets 🎟️ to Saturday’s show!✈️ Follow the link 🔗 in this post to enter.
https://www.bethpagefcu.com/more/air-sh ... takes_2024
Want an additional chance to win VIP tickets? Download the 2024 Bethpage Air Show Mobile App📱 and complete the entry form under ‘Enter to Win’
The Bethpage Air Show VIP Ticket Sweepstakes will end on Friday, May 10 at 11:59 PM EST. Entrants may only enter once during the entry period. Good luck!
https://www.facebook.com/BethpageAirSho ... %2CO%2CP-R
0 x

Cameron Walz

Post by Cameron Walz » Thu May 09, 2024 3:57 pm

Let’s see how weather holds. Supposed to rain for the next few weeks supposedly. Usually they’re wrong.
1 x
NKAWTG!

krunchyfrogg

Post by krunchyfrogg » Sun May 12, 2024 8:41 pm

passedgas46 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:28 pm
Bulldogs851 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:14 pm Hello,

Just wondering if anyone can offer any tips for this airshow. This will be my first year heading to Jones Beach. I heard from others that getting there can be pain but if anyone can offer suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them. I was wondering too if there is handicap parking somewhere or not. Thank you all for your time
I had this really long and detailed post that somehow disappeared.

Having been to Jones Beach several times myself, let me say that it is one of the most aggravating airshow locations I've been to in my four plus decades of attending airshows. If you're curious, my now local big airshow, McGuire, tops that list, but that's for another conversation.

If you've ever driven in the New York City metro region, including the five boroughs, Long Island, parts of upstate NY on 95, 87, 287, and northern NJ, you know what it's like. CT, too. I've done day trips from southern NJ where I'm leaving the house at 5-5:30 am just to get there by 7:30-8 am. I've seen traffic on all those Parkways start to back up before 9 am. With Jones Beach, if you even aim for arriving there at 8:30 am you're going to find yourself in a parking lot on either the Meadowbrook or Wantagh Parkway (I take the Wantagh to get to where I normally park).

Parking? There's a few gigantic lots they call "fields" and I typically park in Field 3. I've done Field 5 before. Now, you asked about handicap parking - based on my experience there is handicap parking in both Field 3 and 5 and it's right up against the tunnel to get to the other side of Ocean Parkway. They charge $10 to park which in the grand scheme of things in New York isn't terribly bad.

The airshow runs from 10-3 each day; it is an agreement with New York air traffic controllers because the airshow puts a massive strain on the arrivals into JFK as many European and Middle Eastern destinations have flights that arrive into JFK starting around 1 and it picks up until dark. Oh, and you face almost due south so the sun is in your face the whole day. I don't know how the photographers and videographers get good stuff from there...
boy am I glad I saw this. I was going to leave my house (central NJ) at 8:00. I’ll make it 6:30 now.
0 x

Chris S

Post by Chris S » Sun May 12, 2024 11:21 pm

Nice to see the 106th Air National Guard Rescue Wing Demo has been added to the official line-up on the show's website!

https://bethpageairshow.com/performers/
0 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:58 am

krunchyfrogg wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:41 pm boy am I glad I saw this. I was going to leave my house (central NJ) at 8:00. I’ll make it 6:30 now.
You would never make it if you left at 8 am. I've seen traffic on the Belt Parkway back up on a Saturday or Sunday morning before 8 am.
1 x

krunchyfrogg

Post by krunchyfrogg » Wed May 15, 2024 5:12 pm

passedgas46 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:58 am
krunchyfrogg wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:41 pm boy am I glad I saw this. I was going to leave my house (central NJ) at 8:00. I’ll make it 6:30 now.
You would never make it if you left at 8 am. I've seen traffic on the Belt Parkway back up on a Saturday or Sunday morning before 8 am.
Let’s hope 6:30 is early enough!
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”