Yuma Airshow 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
RFDGuy

Yuma Airshow 2019

Post by RFDGuy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Yuma Airshow 2019

A-10 Demo Team
Ace Maker T-33
Yellow Thunder T-6
Tora Tora Tora
MAGTF Demo
Joint Military Freefall School
F-35B II Demo
MV-22 Osprey Demo
AV-8B Harrier Demo
F-5 Tiger II
HH-1N SAR Demo
Fireworks for twi show

Show looks solid. Anyone ever gone before any hints or tips?
0 x

KC_Aviation

Post by KC_Aviation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:24 am

I've been a couple times, and I love it. Last year they offered bleacher seats, if I remember correctly they were only about $10, well worth it. They weren't very crowded at all. They usually give the option for VIP parking, which I did last year as well. It was quick getting in and out.

They show is not very crowded really from what we are usually used to. Static area is high quality, but very compact, kinda hard for good static pictures. I don't know yet if I'll be able to go again, but it's a great show.

David
0 x

Rodan

Post by Rodan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:04 pm

The website indicates backpacks are not permitted; furthermore, it appears that you are allowed to bring the following (and I quote):

One large clear bag per person is allowed.
- Either a one-gallon Ziploc style bag, or commercially purchased clear bag – plus a small clutch for personal items.
- The larger clear bag must be made of clear PVC vinyl and is easily searched.

I'm not sure what your're allowed to cram into your pockets or a photo-vest; I guess we can carry cameras and lenses but this seems a little restrictive.

srd
0 x

RFDGuy

Post by RFDGuy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:18 pm

Yeah we saw that also. Many military bases seem to do this? Seems a bit restrictive? But definitely looking forward to the show none the less.
0 x

KC_Aviation

Post by KC_Aviation » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:56 am

Take this for what it's worth, but they had the same restrictions with the clear bags last year. I went out and bought a clear bag to replace my camera bag. I helped an older gentleman that was riding on the tram from the VIP parking area, unload his big ass wagon and huge camera bags. He knew nothing of the clear bag order. Anyways, after we unloaded, he was in the security line ahead of me, and got right through. They also had a table set up right by the security line selling the clear bags.
Once inside, I saw several people with regular cameras and backpacks. I did see some clear bags, but more regular types of bags, than the clear ones. It ended up not being too big of a deal for me really, but I wonder if it will be the same, or if they'll crack down on it more this tome around.

David
0 x

RFDGuy

Post by RFDGuy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:32 pm

Good to know. Scott AFB is the only mil base I go to on a semi regular basis and they never seem to have an issue with camera bag, just be ready to have them dig though it, which is no big issue.
0 x

tormunds

Post by tormunds » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:27 am

Looking forward to it!
0 x

torabombsquad

Post by torabombsquad » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:48 pm

Shaping up to have a pretty descent amount of Pyro at this show.

Tora!
A-10
WWII
Combined Search and Rescue.

There will be Pyro Friday night as well, just no details yet on what it will be for.
1 x

Speedbird2706

Post by Speedbird2706 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:12 pm

I am attending the show for the first time, I am curious what the lighting and show box distance from the crowd is like.
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:29 am

@RFDGuy and I are confirmed for media and looking forward to this one! Also curious for any reports on the crowd area and such. Maybe someone can sketch a diagram for us?
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”