2017 Abbotsford International Airshow

Discussion relating to 2017 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Bingofuel wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:56 am They're getting around to posting the static list soon.

Several aircraft will be a first for Abby (if they don't cancel of course)
Well, I guess you can understand why I've been very eagerly awaiting an official list. There's definitely a few unique things that I've been hearing about and want to be sure they are concrete. Lets just say arrival day might be a little more action-packed than usual. Or atleast one can always hope. :roll:
0 x

lukas97

Post by lukas97 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:52 am

Static Page updated with the following:

A-10 Warthog
F-15C Eagle
F-16 Fighting Falcon
B-1B Lancer
F/A-18F Super Hornet
USCG C-27 Spartan
CF-18 Hornet
CT-155 Hawk
CT-156 Harvard II
CC-150 Polaris
CC-177 Globemaster III
KC-135 Stratotanker
E-6 Mercury
HH-65 Dolphin
MH-60 Seahawk
CH-149 Cormorant
0 x
Erickson Aviation Media

cf18hornet

Post by cf18hornet » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:33 am

Bingofuel wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:56 am They're getting around to posting the static list soon.

Several aircraft will be a first for Abby (if they don't cancel of course).

Hint aircraft 1: Atomic #80

Hint aircraft 2: Thick Piece of Wood
Now that the static list has been unveiled was was hint #2 supposed to be?? Nothing on the list is anything close to a thick piece of wood.
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:17 am

cf18hornet wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:33 am

Several aircraft will be a first for Abby (if they don't cancel of course).

Hint aircraft 1: Atomic #80

Hint aircraft 2: Thick Piece of Wood
Now that the static list has been unveiled was was hint #2 supposed to be?? Nothing on the list is anything close to a thick piece of wood.
Just give it some time! Considering this is the barebones of the statics, the list will only get bigger! Of course aside from the unforunate cancellations that may occur due to various reasons. I mean after all there aren't any warbirds on the list yet, you didn't expect the wooden bird to be a jet did you? ;)

I am very excited to be able to see the B-1B again at Abbotsford and from what I've heard there could potentially be 2 B-1B's attending which makes me wonder if some sort of flyby/demo may be in the works with one of the aircraft? No official word on that yet though so it's just speculation at this point like always. The E-6B is a first for me so definitely looking forward to catching it on arrival day. I'm glad we now atleast have some basic official information on statics to work off of, and there's still a couple months to go so anything can happen! Here's to clear skies and an action packed airshow week. :D
Last edited by AirshowHawk on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

cf18hornet

Post by cf18hornet » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:00 pm

AirshowHawk wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:17 am [quote=cf18hornet post_id=1359 time

Just give it some time! Considering this is the barebones of the statics, the list will only get bigger! Of course aside from the unforunate cancellations that may occur due to various reasons. I mean after all there aren't any warbirds on the list yet, you didn't expect the wooden bird to be a jet did you? ;)

I am very excited to be able to see the B-1B again at Abbotsford and from what I've heard there could potentially be 2 B-1B's attending which makes me wonder if some sort of flyby/demo may be in the works with one of the aircraft? No official word on that yet though so it's just speculation at this point like always. The E-6B is a first for me so definitely looking forward to catching it on arrival day. I'm glad we now atleast have some basic official information on statics to work off of, and there's still a couple months to go so anything can happen! Here's to clear skies and an action packed airshow week. :D
[/quote]

I know I have to give it time. I know how statics work. I was involved with the Airshow for years in the past. Statics change constantly, even moments right up to the show. I just find it strange that a hint was posted which one would assume that it's confirmed and then it's not on the initial list.

Regarding a B-1B doing some sort of demo/flyby I wouldn't get your hopes up although I do hope I does happen too
0 x

riffraff

Post by riffraff » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:58 pm

Gonna have to guess that the slab of wood is the Mosquito. With Steve Hinton possibly piloting the Sabre and he is the only qualified Mosquito pilot around that seems the obvious choice.
0 x

Bingofuel

Post by Bingofuel » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Haha it's certainly not a "wooden bird", it's a jet aircraft.

You guys got AC #1. AC #2 isn't in the list so far ;)
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 pm

cf18hornet wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:00 pm I know I have to give it time. I know how statics work. I was involved with the Airshow for years in the past. Statics change constantly, even moments right up to the show. I just find it strange that a hint was posted which one would assume that it's confirmed and then it's not on the initial list.

Regarding a B-1B doing some sort of demo/flyby I wouldn't get your hopes up although I do hope I does happen too

I definitely wasn't trying to imply that you don't know how Statics work, I was just trying to tease you a bit!

The B-1B demo/flyby at this point seems highly unlikely to me but we can always keep our fingers crossed, especially with the possibility of two aircraft attending.

I'd like to point out that the Mosquito made its Abbotsford debut a few years back, so I think it's time to think outside the box. ;)
0 x

Speedbird2706

Post by Speedbird2706 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Bingofuel wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:15 pm Haha it's certainly not a "wooden bird", it's a jet aircraft.

You guys got AC #1. AC #2 isn't in the list so far ;)
Is AC #2 a military jet? Does it belong to a non-canadian air force?
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Perhaps the wood reference may be to the 2x4 looking wings? :lol:
Last edited by AirshowHawk on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Return to “2017 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”