Cold Lake Airshow 2018

Discussion relating to 2018 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
lukas97

Post by lukas97 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:59 am

I have seen posts about this in other places, but not on this forum, so here goes:

A three-ship NORAD 60th Anniversary flight will be happening with an F-16 from Duluth, Minnesota ANG, an F-15 from Portland, Oregon ANG, and a CF-18 in the lead. Should be a cool part of the show!

Hopefully they can throw in a few burner passes before landing!
0 x
Erickson Aviation Media

Bokimon

Post by Bokimon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 pm

^
Include a triple break with a flare dump and I'm there!
I am still monitoring the feeds but more and more of me probably will not take part this weekend. Hopefully enough reps here who attend share the goods.
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:09 am

Wondering if anyone has any information for this event now that we are just days away. In particular I'm wondering if anything has been confirmed/removed as participants in recent days. I am unfortunately not well informed when it comes to Cold Lake as I've only attended there 5 times in my life. (3 of which were in recent years)

Will be heading out to Edmonton tomorrow to meet with some family then it's off to Cold Lake for the weekend!
Last edited by AirshowHawk on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Ian

Post by Ian » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:25 am

AirshowHawk wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:09 am Wondering if anyone has any information for this event now that we are just days away. In particular I'm wondering if anything has been confirmed/removed as participants in recent days. I am unfortunately not well informed when it comes to Cold Lake as I've only attended there 5 times in my life. (3 of which were in recent years)

Will be heading out to Edmonton tomorrow to meet with some family then it's off to Cold Lake for the weekend!
I can say that I watched the C-5, B-52, KC-135, CC-177, CC-130J, F-22 (x2), f-16 (x3) Rob Holland, the Snowbirds, A Bell 412 Outlaw, and a P-51 land today. Ace Maker II (T-33) came in yesterday, and has been giving media flights today.
Given that all the aircraft involved in the mass attack demo, along with dozens of others are already based here, it's shaping up pretty good!
I expect several of the others to arrive tomorrow before and during the practice.
Last edited by Ian on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:01 am

Ian wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:25 am
AirshowHawk wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:09 am Wondering if anyone has any information for this event now that we are just days away. In particular I'm wondering if anything has been confirmed/removed as participants in recent days. I am unfortunately not well informed when it comes to Cold Lake as I've only attended there 5 times in my life. (3 of which were in recent years)

I can say that I watched the C-5, B-52, KC-135, CC-177, CC-130J, F-22 (x2), f-16 (x3) Rob Holland, the Snowbirds, A Bell 412 Outlaw, and a P-51 land today. Ace Maker II (T-33) came in yesterday, and has been giving media flights today.
Given that all the aircraft involved in the mass attack demo, along with dozens of others are already based here, it's shaping up pretty good!
I expect several of the others to arrive tomorrow before and during the practice.
Thanks a lot for providing some information as to what has already arrived. Looking forward to spending this weekend with the family and getting a little preview of what’s in store for the Abbotsford hometown show!
0 x

jared181920

Post by jared181920 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:18 pm

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there will be any fly-overs tonight for the Full Throttle Festival? Just trying to plan our night to hopefully catch them if there are any.
0 x

Return to “2018 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”