Air Dot Show Orlando 2024

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:03 pm

Anyone going to this show? We never bought tickets since my son has a lot of things going on this weekend. Plus, we just aren't thrilled with the lineup (needs more acts IMO) and not big fans of air dot show. I've thought about driving up to Sanford and park outside somewhere for the Blues & F-22, but probably won't end up going.
0 x

Aidenhrouse

Post by Aidenhrouse » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:00 am

Went to watch practice today. KC-135 is a reserve bird from MacDill and put on a decent show with a few good ‘high speed’ flybys and a few low approaches. Not bad for a local team showing off a bit! Coast guard rescue is using a H-60 and not a H-65. F22’s are parked at show center and not at the FBO.

For those who will be going to the show this weekend, I personally think watching from the outside is the way to go. The show just announced that due to maintenance, the C-5 won’t be making the appearance, and so far, have not seen anything regarding the other static F-18’s making an appearance. Stayed around for a while after the blues practice but saw nothing come in. Not really worth paying close to $60 right now to only see a Trojan up close.
0 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:26 pm

This is slightly related to but also unrelated to the airshow but there's some really awesome video of the F-22 Demo Team flying around KSC during the Falcon 9 launch the other day.
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”