National Warplane Museum Airshow 2024

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
V2253

Post by V2253 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:45 pm

For a first timer. What time do they start lining up to get in? Where is best place to be for photos? is the photo area worth the money?
Thanks Dave
0 x

Sugar Bravo

Post by Sugar Bravo » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:41 pm

Hi Dave,

I've been going to Genny for many years. I didn't know what you meant by the "photo Area cost". The National Warplane Museum has gone to a hybrid show where you can have a reserved spot for your carload or some space at each end for general admission and no additional charge. It depends on which direction they are operating for your photos.

On the west end, it is close to the hot ramp and the taxiway. You'll get a lot of taxiing aircraft, and Westerly takeoffs offer nice 3/4 and gear recovery views. All passes come by you. East operations feature runups and landing photos.

On the east end, you'll see East takeoffs and maybe some West takeoffs. Bombers will run longer. Banana passes will be very close to this location or inside of you.

The sun runs from behind, right to the left before getting high over the runway.

Parking will start around 0915 because the Fire Department has to be onsite. I have not seen the lineup of cars in the last few years because I camp there. From General Parking, the West end will be a closer walk.

I hope that answers your questions and feel free to ask others.
Shawn
1 x

Cameron Walz

Post by Cameron Walz » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:55 am

I do not know if Yankee Lady will be there. I heard the hangar shes in broke, Im assuming from storm winds. So I do not think they're doing their B-17 tour this year. They've already been taken off airshow websites like WWII Weekend at Reading Rgnl Airport. But who knows maybe it'll be fixed by then.
0 x

bisonaviation1217

Post by bisonaviation1217 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:21 pm

Cameron Walz wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:55 am I do not know if Yankee Lady will be there. I heard the hangar shes in broke, Im assuming from storm winds. So I do not think they're doing their B-17 tour this year. They've already been taken off airshow websites like WWII Weekend at Reading Rgnl Airport. But who knows maybe it'll be fixed by then.
I agree, It is also off of the Columbus Airshow's website
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”