Flight Line/Crowd Line Distance Question

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
Roadman364

Post by Roadman364 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:20 am

Adam wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:37 pm Seeing as I mention ZigAirMeet, I thought I'd better link to a video...

The first 10 seconds is all you need to see. This is what 40m/130ft seperation from crowd to runway looks like!

Couldn’t have asked for a more in depth response. Thank you. Looks like I’ll be having to make a trip to Europe in the near future specifically for air shows. That scenery is so wildly different compared to most American air shows, and it’s not the first time I’ve seen that, not to mention all you said.

And frankly that take off was possibly the hardest I’ve smiled at my phone in weeks
0 x

CultOfTheWyvern

Post by CultOfTheWyvern » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:36 am

Roadman364 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:20 am That scenery is so wildly different compared to most American air shows, and it’s not the first time I’ve seen that, not to mention all you said.
Of course, not all European shows are set in such a stunning locale. For every Mollis or (to a lesser extent) Zeltweg, I'm sure there's another Bucharest, where your backdrop is a nice big IKEA store :D
0 x

claybird

Post by claybird » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:02 am

Regarding EAA- at Oshkosh, if you are trying for show center, you will be missing out on a ton of opportunities afforded by having way more than a mile of vantage points to choose from. Go to Warbirds in the morning, you can stand less than fifty feet from Mustangs or Corsairs etc. starting up. At the time of the main airshows, you can also be very close to the ones taxiing out- and in range to see some action from the other runway. Go to Vintage or Ultralights in the evening, you can be right in that action too and be super close to whoever is departing the field.
Attachments
MustangsStartup=Mace.jpg
MustangsStartup=Mace.jpg (207.26 KiB) Viewed 217 times
TigercatStart.jpg
TigercatStart.jpg (463.23 KiB) Viewed 217 times
F35Taxi.jpg
F35Taxi.jpg (243.83 KiB) Viewed 217 times
MorningBurnerF35.jpg
MorningBurnerF35.jpg (241.3 KiB) Viewed 217 times
Dr1Takeoff.jpg
Dr1Takeoff.jpg (273.85 KiB) Viewed 217 times
1 x