Red Arrows To Leave UK In Sept/Oct Timeframe - Possible US Tour?

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
RyanS

Red Arrows To Leave UK In Sept/Oct Timeframe - Possible US Tour?

Post by RyanS » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Hat tip for Adam Landau who pointed out this page on the Guernsey Air Display website: http://www.guernseyairdisplay.com/news
The organisers of the Guernsey Air Display have been advised by the Ministry of Defence that the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team (RAFAT) will not be performing their annual finale at the Guernsey Air Display on September 14th 2017 due to being away on tour. The process of securing the Red Arrows participation took place at the end of September 2016, as happens each year, and the Red Arrows’ last 2017 public displays in the UK will take place on 9th and 10th September 2017. The Red Arrows will then depart on tour.
Where are they going? No word yet but a US tour is possible!
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:21 pm

Adding a video because I haven't seen it in a while!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqjRmD309bw
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

AerialZulu

Post by AerialZulu » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Hopefully they come out to the west!
0 x

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:58 pm

Airshow London would make a lot of sense if they're coming to North America. Big international presence, strong military lineup and an appearance for Canada 150 could make that something that's in the works.
0 x
Matt

Adam

Post by Adam » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:51 pm

RyanS wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:06 pm Hat tip for Adam Landau
That was me! Finally joined up for the forums. Sadly it seems the tour will be to Pakistan - for the second year running! Initially I thought there was some special arrangement going on, as the PAF Sherdils were set to appear in Poland this August and I wondered if they would be undertaking a full European tour, followed by a reciprocal trip to Pakistan by the Reds. Unfortunately, just a few days after the Jersey Airshow revealed the location of the tour, the Sherdils cancelled their Poland appearance, so it looks like a European tour off the cards too. It would appear that this news has unfortunately turned into something of a non-event - sad, as a US/Canadian visit would have made so much sense this year.
Last edited by Adam on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator