Abbotsford International Airshow 2018

Discussion relating to 2018 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:02 am

RyanS wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:32 am Hawk, I guess that explains the capacity of the aircraft.
I'm just glad it wasn't more people. Hoping for the best but it seems like the Sunday show may be a little bittersweet.
0 x

101voodoo

Post by 101voodoo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 am

Hope everyone is ok
0 x

101voodoo

Post by 101voodoo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:13 am

cf18hornet wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:13 am Regarding the incident involving the Dragon Rapide I caught the last moments of the incident. There were some pretty strong crosswinds when the incident happened so I believe that was the issue. I was with my brother when I heard him gasp and when I turned to look all I saw was the aircraft nearly 90 degrees vertical to the runway while on takoeff roll. I then lost sight for a quick moment behind a lemonade stand before then seeing it nose into the ground. I sure do hope everyone on board is okay but it concerns me that two Helijet air ambulances were called in.

Now I'm not sure if this is in fact true but I did overhear three pilots talking that someone (presumably the pilot because it is nosed into the ground?) had lost a leg. Whether this is true or not I'm not sure. I sure hope its not and fingers crossed that everyone will be okay.

This is such a terrible way to end such an amazing airshow day.
Why on earth would you put a rumour like that on here. Totally ignorant and irresponsible.
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:16 am

101voodoo wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:13 am Why on earth would you put a rumour like that on here. Totally ignorant and irresponsible.
Woah.

I'm more than certain that he meant no ill intentions when mentioning what he overheard. Seriously?

This comment is definitely not needed.
0 x

101voodoo

Post by 101voodoo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:31 am

AirshowHawk wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:16 am
101voodoo wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:13 am Why on earth would you put a rumour like that on here. Totally ignorant and irresponsible.
Woah.

I'm more than certain that he meant no ill intentions when mentioning what he overheard. Seriously?

No speculation on such a serious injury is not needed
0 x

cf18hornet

Post by cf18hornet » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:36 am

101voodoo wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:13 am
cf18hornet wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:13 am Regarding the incident involving the Dragon Rapide I caught the last moments of the incident. There were some pretty strong crosswinds when the incident happened so I believe that was the issue. I was with my brother when I heard him gasp and when I turned to look all I saw was the aircraft nearly 90 degrees vertical to the runway while on takoeff roll. I then lost sight for a quick moment behind a lemonade stand before then seeing it nose into the ground. I sure do hope everyone on board is okay but it concerns me that two Helijet air ambulances were called in.

Now I'm not sure if this is in fact true but I did overhear three pilots talking that someone (presumably the pilot because it is nosed into the ground?) had lost a leg. Whether this is true or not I'm not sure. I sure hope its not and fingers crossed that everyone will be okay.

This is such a terrible way to end such an amazing airshow day.
Why on earth would you put a rumour like that on here. Totally ignorant and irresponsible.
Relax buddy. People were wondering what the conditions were of all on board and all i did was post what I heard three pilots saying as I'm sure they knew the truth. If it were just someone from the public I overheard I wouldn't have said anything. There's need to get your knickers in a knot.

I personally know many people on these forums and I'm sure they would all say that I'm the least ignorant and most responsible person that they could meet.

BTW i think the way you reacted was totally ignorant also and shows your true colours.
Last edited by cf18hornet on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:40 am

101voodoo wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:31 am
Woah.

If I overheard that happened to the pilot I would mention it as well and I appreciate cf18hornet mentioning it because without his information I wouldn’t have asked my friends more questions and been able to provide the information that I have. Understand that something tragic has happened and if you want to be childish and point fingers at someone over something so ridiculous you may as well just stop yourself from replying here further.

On a side note: Medical update confirms 2 are in serious condition and that includes the pilot.
0 x

cf18hornet

Post by cf18hornet » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:42 am

AirshowHawk wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:40 am
101voodoo wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:31 am
Woah.

If I overheard that happened to the pilot I would mention it as well and I appreciate cf18hornet mentioning it because without his information I wouldn’t have asked my friends more questions and been able to provide the information that I have. Understand that something tragic has happened and if you want to be childish and point fingers at someone over something so ridiculous you may as well just stop yourself from replying here further.

On a side note: Medical update confirms 2 are in serious condition and that includes the pilot.
Thank you AirshowHawk for understanding.
0 x

101voodoo

Post by 101voodoo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:52 am

I may save over related a bit but I don't see the need to spread any rumours. It doesn't serve any purpose, the facts will be released in due time. Anyone that it concerns will be notified first then the general public will be informed. On a side note, I found it quite shocking how many people were taking pictures and video of this. There doesn't seem to be any respect anymore. Everyone wants be an ambulance chaser.
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:14 am

YXX is now open and operational.
0 x

Return to “2018 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”