2018 EAA AirVenture at Oshkosh

Discussion relating to 2018 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Bretten Bailey

2018 EAA AirVenture at Oshkosh

Post by Bretten Bailey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:16 pm

EAA AirVenture at Oshkosh
July 23rd-29th, 2018
Wittman Airfield
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
www.airventure.org
Last edited by RyanS on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

ABQMangoChallenger

Post by ABQMangoChallenger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Flying into ATW from ABQ and I'm booked in the dorms from Sunday through Saturday. Looking forward to it as it'll be my first.
0 x

alexp2805-

Post by alexp2805- » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:54 pm

It's still pending but the F-16 Viper Demo may be coming to Oshkosh in 2018!
0 x
@AllStarAviation - Instagram
@AllStarAviationPics - Facebook

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Some notable news on hopefuls for a big turnout of early vintage jets this year. Included in the article are Glostor Meteor, DeHavilland Vampire and Venom, MiG-17 and hopes for a large turnout from the T-33 and F-86 communities.

https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-news-and ... hkosh-2018

I'm planning on my usual three days (Monday-Wednesday). I've had the hotel booked since August. :D
Last edited by kalamazookid on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Matt

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:05 am

I was just writing something up on that, I'm excited but also not getting ahead of myself. It is all too common for planned appearances to fall apart. I don't know how many WHAM jets flew in the show either, so we may not actually see them fly.

Fingers crossed!

https://airshowstuff.com/v4/2017/rare-b ... kosh-2018/
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

alexp2805-

Post by alexp2805- » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:42 pm

You can add Sean D. Tucker for July 28th!
0 x
@AllStarAviation - Instagram
@AllStarAviationPics - Facebook

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:58 pm

0 x
Matt

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:37 pm

In case anyone didn't see this, the 70th Anniversary of the Air Force Reserve is being celebrated with "The Year of the Tanker."

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-a ... flightline

Not sure what could be incorporated besides the KC-10 and KC-135. Perhaps the new KC-46? I don't think the USAF uses the KC-130, although if they're going for a general "tanker" theme it would certainly fit. Maybe we'll get an international appearance from something.
0 x
Matt

Airshow0wen

Post by Airshow0wen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:24 pm

On the Berlin Airlift Heritage Foundations website, both the C-97 and C-54 have listed Oshkosh to their schedule, but they’re both ”not confirmed”
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:14 pm

EAA is hyping up a Royal Air Force 100th anniversary celebration at AirVenture 2018. Hopefully we get some actual RAF participation!

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-a ... nture-2018

Article text:
The centennial year of the British Royal Air Force will be commemorated with historic aircraft, flyovers, and special programming during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2018. The RAF’s 100th anniversary will be celebrated throughout the week, with a primary focus on the centennial on Tuesday, July 24.

“‘Legendary’ is perhaps the best way to describe the gathering of people and airplanes that will be part of the Royal Air Force centennial at Oshkosh this year,” said Rick Larsen, EAA’s vice president of communities and member programs, who coordinates AirVenture features and attractions. “From the World War I era, to the Battle of Britain and early jets, to today’s modern military aircraft, the RAF has been an integral part of aviation history. We will fully celebrate that during the week at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh.”

The aircraft on display on the showcase Boeing Plaza and flying during the air show will include an array of World War I and World War II aircraft, some of the early fighter jets as announced previously in the Classic Jets gathering, and modern RAF aircraft. The aircraft will include those in British markings as well as those from Commonwealth nations such as Canada. Specific aircraft attending will be announced as they are confirmed.

In addition, a program at EAA’s Theater in the Woods will devote extensive programming to the RAF centennial on Monday evening, July 23.

The Royal Air Force was formally founded on April 1, 1918, with the merger of the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service. The service grew and became known for its extraordinary heroism during the Battle of Britain in the early days of World War II, as well as the development of many early fighter jets such as the Meteor and Vampire. The RAF was the first service to use the Harrier jump jet after its development in the 1960s, with RAF aircraft and personnel still on active duty in many parts of the world today.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Return to “2018 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”