2018 Miami Beach Air and Sea Show

Discussion relating to 2018 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:54 pm

The 2018 National Salute to America’s Heroes known as the Miami Beach Air and Sea Show will return to Miami Beach Memorial Day weekend 2018.

The city and promoter have announced that the show will be bigger and better than the inaugural show of 2017. We can expect a lot of military airpower and top civilian acts.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see all ACC single ship demos and both legacy and super hornet demos perform at this show. This would be a longshot for most if not all airshows but the promoters have been working closely with the Generals of the Air Force and Army also top officers in the Navy to get all that military hardware to perform at the show.

As usual I will keep the topic updated in regards to this show.

Thanks!
0 x
V/R

JEANCARLO RUIZ

RFDGuy

Post by RFDGuy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:24 pm

I'd be amazed if ALL the ACC demos and two hornet demos all go to one show on Memorial day weekend. It'd be cool if it happens, but just sad to put 1 of 20 shows from ALL the teams be at 1 show. Maybe 2 ACC and a hornet?
0 x

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:29 pm

JeancarloRuiz wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:54 pm 2018 Miami Beach Air and Sea Show
I wouldn’t be surprised to see all ACC single ship demos and both legacy and super hornet demos perform at this show. This would be a longshot for most if not all airshows but the promoters have been working closely with the Generals of the Air Force and Army also top officers in the Navy to get all that military hardware to perform at the show.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Most organizers do have connections within but having all at a single show site would probably never happen.

1. They have a set number of shows each year, period! Their number one focus is on recruiting. Having all ACC Demos at one location would just take away from them reaching a different demographic in a different location later on in the season.

2. There are other events that same weekend that ACC will probably want to reach.

Will there be lots of hardware present from each branch? No doubt. But not all will be demos. Kind of like Thunder over Louisville, lots of hardware but only two to three demos.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

awal2049

Post by awal2049 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:25 pm

F-16 Viper Demo and Golden Knights confirmed.
Last edited by awal2049 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:25 pm

PERFORMER ADDED:

- USAF F-35 Heritage Flight

Thank you!
0 x
V/R

JEANCARLO RUIZ

JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

In regard to the 2018 show,

There are rumors of the show cancelling circulating South Florida right now. The city commissioner who brought the show to Miami has stepped down from his position due to being linked to a pending criminal investigation. He was in charge of the event and was the biggest supporter of having the event in Miami. His stepped down could mean the demise of this great airshow returning as other city officials did not support having an airshow for the city.

If the show is to be cancelled then that would leave an open weekend for the USAF Viper Demo Team, USAF F35 Heritage Flight Team, and the US Army Golden Knights.

I will keep this post updated.
0 x
V/R

JEANCARLO RUIZ

JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:06 pm

Just an observation, but we are already into March and no details or info has been released directly from the promoters. This time last year the promoters were active in giving out information about the show. Matter of fact, they began to release information in December of 2016. This is not a good sign!

I also reached out to the promoters myself and haven't gotten a response back. I spoke to my military liaisons this past week and they haven't heard anything in regards to the show other than what has been announced by the scheduled demo teams.

Trying to be optimistic about this but things aren't looking up.
0 x
V/R

JEANCARLO RUIZ

JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:03 pm

UPDATE!

Hello everyone,

I just got confirmation from the promoters stating that the show is ON for 2018 despite the controversy and rumors. They will begin to dispatch information on April 1st in regards to the show.

Per the Vice President of Client Relations

"Thank you for your interest in our show and YES this year's show will even be bigger and better than last you. Our media campaign will begin April 1st regarding press releases and website and our radio campaign will begin the end of April."

As always I will keep this thread updated.

Thank you.
0 x
V/R

JEANCARLO RUIZ

Thomas Beting

Post by Thomas Beting » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:17 am

Really good news! Thanks for keeping us updated Jeancarlo!
0 x

Alex41985

Post by Alex41985 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:19 am

Nice April Fools prank. They had us fooled big time.
Last edited by Alex41985 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Return to “2018 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”