St Joseph, Missouri Sound of Speed Airshow

Discussion relating to 2018 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
KC_Aviation

St Joseph, Missouri Sound of Speed Airshow

Post by KC_Aviation » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:57 pm

http://stjairshow.com

August 25 & 26th, 2018 Roescrans Memorial Airport, hosted by the MOANG 139th Wing. St. Joseph, Missouri

Good little airport to spot at, right by the control tower is a parking lot, and you can go right to the fence to spot anytime. Looks like a great little airshow they will be putting on this August. Headliner is the Blue Angels, F-16 Demo, A-10/JTAC Demo, C-130H demo, Osprey Demo. It is listed as an CV-22 demo, however USMC has Kansas City, MO listed as a demo that same weekend and there is no airshow in KC that weekend, so I am assuming it's going to be the Marines MV-22, but either way it's awesome. Lastly the big surprise is the bomber trio listed to fly-by...B-1, B-2, B-52.

David
Last edited by KC_Aviation on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

KC_Aviation

Post by KC_Aviation » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Since my last post way back about the schedule of this show, the military acts dropped like flies. Oh well, it's been several months since I've seen anything fly so I went up on Friday to catch arrivals and practices. It was nice to catch some flying action again. Next up McConnell AFB, then onto Oceana for the first time!
ImageE-2C VAW-116 'Sun Kings' by D_Jackman, on FlickrImageBlues underside by D_Jackman, on FlickrImageSt. Joseph Herc landing by D_Jackman, on FlickrImageCharlotte ANG C-17A by D_Jackman, on FlickrImage442nd A-10C on arrival by D_Jackman, on FlickrImageBlues solos by D_Jackman, on FlickrImageBlack nose MO ANG Herc by D_Jackman, on Flickr
0 x

Return to “2018 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”