Airshow London 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Tue May 28, 2019 9:28 pm

Pete McLeod confirmed for flying display!

https://www.facebook.com/42855070399711 ... 4/?app=fbl
1 x
Dan Gagnon

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Wed May 29, 2019 9:05 pm

USAF T-6 Texan II confirmed for static display!

https://www.facebook.com/42855070399711 ... 0/?app=fbl
1 x
Dan Gagnon

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Thu May 30, 2019 5:07 pm

US ANG F-15C Eagle confirmed for static display!

https://www.facebook.com/42855070399711 ... 1/?app=fbl
1 x
Dan Gagnon

James_Donaghy

Post by James_Donaghy » Fri May 31, 2019 12:58 am

With the race to win the contract on Canada's new multi role fighter being where it is. Who else is really hoping to see a few of the f35's competition at this years show? A Grippen, Typhoon or Rafale would be incredible additions to what I expect will already be a ridiculous show thanks to Hook and our Air Ops team!
1 x

martin_sam_2000

Post by martin_sam_2000 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:54 pm

I wouldn't plan on seeing any European types there. We just had CANSEC here in Ottawa and they had a mock-up grippen and typhoon. If they can't even bring in a real plane for the real sales pitch, I doubt we will see one at a show that has nothing to do with procurement. You never know...but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Sean
1 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Fri May 31, 2019 9:29 pm

1 x
Dan Gagnon

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:22 am

Hi Everyone. Newbie here ;)

My husband and I will be visiting Ontario in September and would love to attend London airshow on Sunday 15th September. We will not have a hire car so were wondering if there is a shuttle bus from Stratford, or does anyone run a minibus to the show?

By way of being excited in the meantime, we have tickets for 2 days at RIAT, Fairford, UK :D
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:21 pm

Spitfire wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:22 am Hi Everyone. Newbie here ;)

My husband and I will be visiting Ontario in September and would love to attend London airshow on Sunday 15th September. We will not have a hire car so were wondering if there is a shuttle bus from Stratford, or does anyone run a minibus to the show?

By way of being excited in the meantime, we have tickets for 2 days at RIAT, Fairford, UK :D
Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Stratford is about an 45 minutes to an hour away from the airport. You do have limited ways to get to the show or the London area in general without a rental car ( I don't drive, myself, so I know the feeling lol). You could take an Uber to and from Stratford to a parking lot area that has a shuttle to the show (parking lot locations will be announced later).An Uber ride would cost between $55-77 CAD, one way.

Another suggestion if you are more flexible, would be to take the VIA train from Stratford to London. They only have 2 trains daily to and from Stratford/London. My suggestion would travel on the Saturday and stay the night in a hotel, as the earliest train to depart Stratford is 1:09 PM. Then on the Sunday, take public transit or Uber to the parking lot, and after the show, the last train to leave London back to Stratford is 7:51 PM. Tickets are $20 each way for the train.

www.viarail.ca

I hope this aids you in your decision and hope you can make it out!
0 x
Dan Gagnon

cf18hornet

Post by cf18hornet » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:51 pm

James_Donaghy wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:58 am With the race to win the contract on Canada's new multi role fighter being where it is. Who else is really hoping to see a few of the f35's competition at this years show? A Grippen, Typhoon or Rafale would be incredible additions to what I expect will already be a ridiculous show thanks to Hook and our Air Ops team!
If anything European were to make an appearance there definitely won’t be a Rafale because Dassault withdrew from the competition awhile ago.
Last edited by cf18hornet on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:06 am

Thank you, Dan, all that information is extremely helpful. We shall be travelling on the Saturday so can't do the overnight beforehand :( .
Your suggestion of a taxi inspired me and I have contacted the guys at Stratford Airporter who say they will do the round trip for a fairly reasonable price. We have persuaded our Canadian friends to come with us to the show (it will be their first airshow!) .

May I ask another 3 related questions?
What time would you suggest setting off from Stratford on the day? In UK we usually aim to arrive at a big show by 8.15am but I have no idea when the traffic congestion will start or even what time the gates open for London!
Also, what time would you ask the taxi to pick you up at after the show?
Do you think the taxi will be allowed to drop us off at VIP parking if we have the permit, I assume so. Perhaps I need to clarify that with the taxi company!

I see from the London website that there is VIP parking included with some tickets (we shall probably choose one of the enclosures because our lovely friends are a bit older and will need proper seating. My husband and I will take it in turns to amble round the whole show for good photos and chat :)).
0 x

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”