Airshow London 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Chris199348
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:47 pm

Post by Chris199348 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:32 am

Does a schedule get released for flying.
0 x

User avatar
Chuter
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:25 pm
Location: Barrie, ON
Contact:

Post by Chuter » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Chris199348 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:32 am Does a schedule get released for flying.
Usually
0 x

User avatar
Dan Gagnon
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Milton, ON

Post by Dan Gagnon » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 pm

Chris199348 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:32 am Does a schedule get released for flying.
Schedule is posted for all 3 days on the website!

Friday

Snowbirds
US Navy E/A-18G
US ANG F16
ACC Demo A10 Demo
NATO 70 Flybys
AK ANG KC-135
Vampire / T-33s Demo
Hornet Demo

Saturday

CF Skyhawks
CF-18 Hornet Demo
Jerry Connely
3 Ship Vintage Jets
Mike Trygvasson
Memphis Bell
NATO 70 Flybys
USCG
Pete McCleod
A-10 ACC Demo
KC 135 Refuel Demo
RCAF Snowbirds

Sunday

CF Skyhawks
ACC A-10 Demo
Jerry Connely
3 Ship Vintage Jets
Mike Trygvasson
Memphis Bell
NATO 70 Flybys
USCG
Pete McCleod
Hornet Demo
KC 135 Refuel Demo
RCAF Snowbirds

https://airshowlondon.com/schedule/
Last edited by Dan Gagnon on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Dan Gagnon

James_Donaghy
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:32 am

Post by James_Donaghy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:08 am

Dan Gagnon wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 pm
Chris199348 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:32 am Does a schedule get released for flying.
Schedule is posted for all 3 days on the website!

Friday

Snowbirds
US Navy E/A-18G
US ANG F16
ACC Demo A10 Demo
NATO 70 Flybys
AK ANG KC-135
Vampire / T-33s Demo
Hornet Demo

Saturday

CF Skyhawks
CF-18 Hornet Demo
Jerry Connely
3 Ship Vintage Jets
Mike Trygvasson
Memphis Bell
NATO 70 Flybys
USCG
Pete McCleod
A-10 ACC Demo
KC 135 Refuel Demo
RCAF Snowbirds

Sunday

CF Skyhawks
ACC A-10 Demo
Jerry Connely
3 Ship Vintage Jets
Mike Trygvasson
Memphis Bell
NATO 70 Flybys
USCG
Pete McCleod
Hornet Demo
KC 135 Refuel Demo
RCAF Snowbirds

https://airshowlondon.com/schedule/
Interested to see what shows up for that refuelling demo as Hook mentioned earlier the secondary aircraft had not been determined. I also remember reading that the NATO flyby will be t38's and Ct-155 hawks. Would be very cool if that came to fruition.

Are the Waterloo warbirds still attending for static? Also no static cf-188 anounced thus far, wonder if any show up
0 x

User avatar
Chuter
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:25 pm
Location: Barrie, ON
Contact:

Post by Chuter » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:29 am

James_Donaghy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:08 am
Dan Gagnon wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 pm
Chris199348 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:32 am Does a schedule get released for flying.
Schedule is posted for all 3 days on the website!

Friday

Snowbirds
US Navy E/A-18G
US ANG F16
ACC Demo A10 Demo
NATO 70 Flybys
AK ANG KC-135
Vampire / T-33s Demo
Hornet Demo

Saturday

CF Skyhawks
CF-18 Hornet Demo
Jerry Connely
3 Ship Vintage Jets
Mike Trygvasson
Memphis Bell
NATO 70 Flybys
USCG
Pete McCleod
A-10 ACC Demo
KC 135 Refuel Demo
RCAF Snowbirds

Sunday

CF Skyhawks
ACC A-10 Demo
Jerry Connely
3 Ship Vintage Jets
Mike Trygvasson
Memphis Bell
NATO 70 Flybys
USCG
Pete McCleod
Hornet Demo
KC 135 Refuel Demo
RCAF Snowbirds

https://airshowlondon.com/schedule/
Interested to see what shows up for that refuelling demo as Hook mentioned earlier the secondary aircraft had not been determined. I also remember reading that the NATO flyby will be t38's and Ct-155 hawks. Would be very cool if that came to fruition.

Are the Waterloo warbirds still attending for static? Also no static cf-188 anounced thus far, wonder if any show up
How about hardly anything RCAF static... two helos and C-90 King Air. I got my fingers crossed some last-minute updates get posted. Not much Canadian content so far
1 x

Faust
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by Faust » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:39 pm

What about the rain for tomorrow?

I take it the planes still come in in the rain, right?
0 x

User avatar
Dan Gagnon
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Milton, ON

Post by Dan Gagnon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 pm

Faust wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:39 pm What about the rain for tomorrow?

I take it the planes still come in in the rain, right?
Usually. For the record, the rain should be gone by noon with it being cloudy the rest of the day. The winds sound like it will be from the East. That might mean they will be landing on RWY 15. Robins Hill Rd and Katana would be prime spots. Creamery might be...depending on how far the planes go down the runway if they do missed approaches.

I might head to Katana first, then head to whatever end is better for landings in the mid afternoon.

Hope to see some of you around!
0 x
Dan Gagnon

jared181920
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by jared181920 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Dan Gagnon wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 pm
Faust wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:39 pm What about the rain for tomorrow?

I take it the planes still come in in the rain, right?
Usually. For the record, the rain should be gone by noon with it being cloudy the rest of the day. The winds sound like it will be from the East. That might mean they will be landing on RWY 15. Robins Hill Rd and Katana would be prime spots. Creamery might be...depending on how far the planes go down the runway if they do missed approaches.

I might head to Katana first, then head to whatever end is better for landings in the mid afternoon.

Hope to see some of you around!
Does Katana typically care much if you park along the fence in their parking lot? Always thought about going over there but wasn’t sure if that would be an issue.
0 x

User avatar
Dan Gagnon
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Milton, ON

Post by Dan Gagnon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:36 pm

jared181920 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:22 pm
Dan Gagnon wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 pm
Faust wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:39 pm What about the rain for tomorrow?

I take it the planes still come in in the rain, right?
Usually. For the record, the rain should be gone by noon with it being cloudy the rest of the day. The winds sound like it will be from the East. That might mean they will be landing on RWY 15. Robins Hill Rd and Katana would be prime spots. Creamery might be...depending on how far the planes go down the runway if they do missed approaches.

I might head to Katana first, then head to whatever end is better for landings in the mid afternoon.

Hope to see some of you around!
Does Katana typically care much if you park along the fence in their parking lot? Always thought about going over there but wasn’t sure if that would be an issue.
On the Thursday, they never said anything. On the Friday, closer to when the gates were set to open at 4pm, someone from the show came and was asking people to leave and used the excuse that Katana didn't want cars there.

Not sure if they are going to enforce no parking there this year or not. I honestly think it was the show not wanting people to "free load" during the actual show hours. It should hopefully be fine for Thursday.

You won't know if you won't try!
0 x
Dan Gagnon

User avatar
RyanS
Posts: 2367
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Post by RyanS » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:10 pm

The media pack is very unclear (shocking), can anyone tell me what time the photo pit gates open tomorrow? In the past it's been the same for media
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests