Abbotsford International Airshow 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Bingofuel

Post by Bingofuel » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Manfred Radius and Bob Freeman Aerobatics also confirmed
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:34 am

Bingofuel wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:21 pm Manfred Radius and Bob Freeman Aerobatics also confirmed
I have updated the main post, thanks for the information. Looking forward to seeing Bob Freeman and having Manfred back again!
0 x

Corralstar

Post by Corralstar » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:18 pm

When I first attended the photo pit, the common practice was those in the front row against the fence sat and shot, then those standing behind them wouldn't have their shots obstructed. Sad it's come to "every man for themselves".
Last edited by Corralstar on Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Airplanefreak2000

Post by Airplanefreak2000 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:24 pm

So my understanding here is that now in photo pits, you have to sit? Photographers pay money to get photos? I believe that chalets are where you can sit. Little confused here.
0 x

101voodoo

Post by 101voodoo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:22 pm

No, you don't have to sit in the photopit. I believe next year the pit will be wider and bigger with a small grandstand so everyone will be more spread out and it will be a bit farther west so there arent any tents on either side.
You also get a tour of the hotside and get into the static side before any general admission.
It is quite popular. I believe it sold out a couple of days last year.
1 x

Bingofuel

Post by Bingofuel » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 pm

Knowing full well that the ICAS schedule page is less than accurate...listing the following for Abby 2019.

Snowbirds
Thunderbirds
Aeroshell
Cf18 demo
Erickson collection
HFF
HFM
Kent Pietsch
Manfred Radius
Jerry Conley Vampire
And...Commander NAF US Pacific fleet (maybe Super Hornet?)

Interesting Bob Freeman isn’t listed, maybe he’s not an ICAS member

Also looking less and less likely the Red Arrows will make an appearance based on fb and other social media comments. Hearing most likely only 1 Canadian show appearance. I’m guessing Toronto...Never know though
Last edited by Bingofuel on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:26 am

Bingofuel wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 pm And...Commander NAF US Pacific fleet (maybe Super Hornet?)
I was quite puzzled myself when I saw this listed for Abbotsford a couple weeks ago on ICAS. It has been up for some time now and there isn’t any further information about it on ICAS that I can find so I didn’t bother putting too much attention on it.

Maybe someone with more experience with ICAS can fill us in? My speculation would simply be a typo.

On another note I’ve just been waiting for the assets from HFF/ HFM/ Erickson to be announced before I add them into the main post.
Last edited by AirshowHawk on Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:29 am

AirshowHawk wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:26 am
Bingofuel wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 pm And...Commander NAF US Pacific fleet (maybe Super Hornet?)
I was quite puzzled myself when I saw this listed for Abbotsford a couple weeks ago on ICAS. It has been up for some time now and there isn’t any further information about it on ICAS that I can find so I didn’t bother putting too much attention on it.

Maybe someone with more experience with ICAS can fill us in? My speculation would simply be a typo.

On another note I’ve just been waiting for the assets from HFF/ HFM/ Erickson to be announced before I add them into the main post.
The ICAS portal pages on the calendar can only be updated one of two ways:
1. A performer sends in their schedule and the team updates the entries of the shows that the performer says they'll perform at. (You'll find this with a few of them, like AeroShell does it every year but they're usually one of the only few).
2. The only other way it can be updated is if the show does it themselves. There is an "Air Show Editor" selection that you go to. You select the year and you can edit your lineup. A drop down menu comes up and you select the performer you want to add.
Last edited by Bretten Bailey on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:59 am

Bingofuel wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 pm

Also looking less and less likely the Red Arrows will make an appearance based on fb and other social media comments. Hearing most likely only 1 Canadian show appearance. I’m guessing Toronto...Never know though
I'm curious as what these comments have stated and where on FB and social media you saw them at? I personally haven't see these, but maybe I'm not looking at the right FB/social media pages. I'd be a little surprised if Toronto is the only Canadian show, being it's supposed to be a North American tour and you have several Canadian dates available (Toronto, Abby, London, Gatineau). I could be wrong though.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:06 am

Bretten Bailey wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:29 am The ICAS portal pages on the calendar can only be updated one of two ways:
1. A performer sends in their schedule and the team updates the entries of the shows that the performer says they'll perform at. (You'll find this with a few of them, like AeroShell does it every year but they're usually one of the only few).
2. The only other way it can be updated is if the show does it themselves. There is an "Air Show Editor" selection that you go to. You select the year and you can edit your lineup. A drop down menu comes up and you select the performer you want to add.
Thanks for sharing, I appreciate the insight.

I suppose only time will tell what it is but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything special.
0 x

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”