Wings Over Northern Michigan 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
alexp2805-
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:22 pm
Location: Livonia, Michigan

Re: Wings Over Northern Michigan 2019

Post by alexp2805- » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:35 pm

What a great weekend! I went on Sunday and right from the start of the show things were non-stop for 3 hours! The flying portion was good and what made it even better was how close the runway and taxiway is to the showline. If you are ever in the Michigan area on Father's Day Weekend be sure to check out this small, but growing, airshow! Here are some of my pics part 1:
Attachments
LRM_EXPORT_88525589947212_20190616_163318575.jpeg
B-17 Yankee Lady
LRM_EXPORT_88525589947212_20190616_163318575.jpeg (157.31 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
LRM_EXPORT_89412000517811_20190616_164804985.jpeg
A-4 & EA-18 Growler (US Navy Legacy Flight)
LRM_EXPORT_89412000517811_20190616_164804985.jpeg (119.34 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
LRM_EXPORT_91607662363275_20190616_173456869.jpeg
B-2 Spirit
LRM_EXPORT_91607662363275_20190616_173456869.jpeg (14.21 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
LRM_EXPORT_94106000601645_20190616_181644618.jpeg
Skip Stewart
LRM_EXPORT_94106000601645_20190616_181644618.jpeg (121.39 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
LRM_EXPORT_95262073211881_20190616_183932440.jpeg
"Aftershock" Jet Fire Truck
LRM_EXPORT_95262073211881_20190616_183932440.jpeg (182.19 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
3 x
@AllStarAviation - Instagram
@AllStarAviationPics - Facebook

alexp2805-
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:22 pm
Location: Livonia, Michigan

Post by alexp2805- » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Pics part 2:
Attachments
LRM_EXPORT_97312084713182_20190616_191344803.jpeg
Birddog & California Gurl
LRM_EXPORT_97312084713182_20190616_191344803.jpeg (47.02 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
LRM_EXPORT_100386435924249_20190616_204834360.jpeg
B-17 Yankee Lady Photo Pass
LRM_EXPORT_100386435924249_20190616_204834360.jpeg (77.73 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
LRM_EXPORT_101867804236080_20190616_212125601.jpeg
Czech Mate L-39 Team
LRM_EXPORT_101867804236080_20190616_212125601.jpeg (80.36 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
LRM_EXPORT_119561109391153_20190617_072801643.jpeg
Truck vs. Plane
LRM_EXPORT_119561109391153_20190617_072801643.jpeg (123.48 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
LRM_EXPORT_122242704832266_20190617_081243238.jpeg
US Navy Legacy Flight
LRM_EXPORT_122242704832266_20190617_081243238.jpeg (25.18 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
2 x
@AllStarAviation - Instagram
@AllStarAviationPics - Facebook

alexp2805-
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:22 pm
Location: Livonia, Michigan

Post by alexp2805- » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Finally, VAPOR:
Attachments
LRM_EXPORT_123553365606557_20190617_083641780.jpeg
VAPOR
LRM_EXPORT_123553365606557_20190617_083641780.jpeg (27.91 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
2 x
@AllStarAviation - Instagram
@AllStarAviationPics - Facebook

GRNDP51
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:47 am

Post by GRNDP51 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Great pics Alex! Looking forward to seeing your Thunder captures ;)
1 x

User avatar
RyanS
Posts: 1803
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Post by RyanS » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:51 pm

One tip for you Alex, since we were talking about that stuff. Cropping the photos to be level (if there's a horizon reference in it) is one of the simplest ways to make them look better.

Some of the flying ones could be cropped closer too, depending on how many pixels there are. At a certain point the image quality will drop off pretty fast (for me that's usually around 3000 pixels wide).

Good to see some prop blur :D
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

alexp2805-
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:22 pm
Location: Livonia, Michigan

Post by alexp2805- » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:55 pm

GRNDP51 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:19 pm
Great pics Alex! Looking forward to seeing your Thunder captures ;)
Thanks! Gonna be a great show!!
Last edited by alexp2805- on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
@AllStarAviation - Instagram
@AllStarAviationPics - Facebook

alexp2805-
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:22 pm
Location: Livonia, Michigan

Post by alexp2805- » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:58 pm

RyanS wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:51 pm
One tip for you Alex, since we were talking about that stuff. Cropping the photos to be level (if there's a horizon reference in it) is one of the simplest ways to make them look better.

Some of the flying ones could be cropped closer too, depending on how many pixels there are. At a certain point the image quality will drop off pretty fast (for me that's usually around 3000 pixels wide).

Good to see some prop blur :D
I was worried if I cropped it too much the quality would be lowered haha. I could crop them a tad more, however! Yeah, it was the first time I took my camera out to an actual airshow so I'm still practicing and learning a LOT! But thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to work on some of that :)
0 x
@AllStarAviation - Instagram
@AllStarAviationPics - Facebook

User avatar
RyanS
Posts: 1803
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Post by RyanS » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:17 pm

alexp2805- wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:58 pm
RyanS wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:51 pm
One tip for you Alex, since we were talking about that stuff. Cropping the photos to be level (if there's a horizon reference in it) is one of the simplest ways to make them look better.

Some of the flying ones could be cropped closer too, depending on how many pixels there are. At a certain point the image quality will drop off pretty fast (for me that's usually around 3000 pixels wide).

Good to see some prop blur :D
I was worried if I cropped it too much the quality would be lowered haha. I could crop them a tad more, however! Yeah, it was the first time I took my camera out to an actual airshow so I'm still practicing and learning a LOT! But thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to work on some of that :)
Yeah looking at them on my computer now I can definitely see they're around that limit so you're doing the right thing!
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Ack
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:55 am
Location: Michigan

Post by Ack » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:50 am

We were in Gaylord Sunday as well and enjoyed a great show.

Here are a few of the statics....unfortunately a very small lineup this year......
Growlers.jpg
Growlers.jpg (291.83 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
Growler_1.jpg
Growler_1.jpg (296.08 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
A4Skyhawk_1.jpg
A4Skyhawk_1.jpg (322.72 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
TailhookTeam.jpg
TailhookTeam.jpg (322.28 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
Yankees.jpg
Yankees.jpg (225.46 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
Really tried to get that last shot to work, but turned out just a hair out of focus...Oh well.

Hope to work on some flying shots tonight....I'll make sure I don't duplicate any of your pics Alex! ;)
Last edited by Ack on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Ack
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:55 am
Location: Michigan

Post by Ack » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:50 am

Few more.....
Aftershock_1.jpg
Aftershock_1.jpg (350.87 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
SNV-1.jpg
SNV-1.jpg (121.83 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
L39_2.jpg
L39_2.jpg (185.63 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
Skip_1.jpg
Skip_1.jpg (213.79 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
Skip_2.jpg
Skip_2.jpg (164.74 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
2 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests