2019 Hyundai National Salute To America's Heroes Air & Sea Show - Miami, FL

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
MattEv14

Post by MattEv14 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:05 pm

This was my first year attending and it certainly won’t be my last. Despite a few of the advertised performers not making it I thought the show was fantastic. The highlight for me were those amazing super low B-52 passes. I also thought the A-10’s did an awesome job and as several already mentioned, that F-35 is absolutely thunderous. From my vantage point the high alpha pass on Sunday was one of the loudest things I have ever experienced at an air show. The F-15C flyovers were a rare treat as well. The C-17 and osprey demos were good. The weekend was capped off with a perfectly executed high show from the Blues (they even nailed the line abreast loop). When you add in all the scenery on the beach the weekend could not have been much better. I am already looking forward to coming back to this one.
0 x

asclepias

Post by asclepias » Mon May 27, 2019 7:57 pm

This was my first year attending, and it will be my last. Of the 22 advertised performers/demos, 5 did not show. Very disappointing.

No F-22
No F-16
No B-1
No B-2
No heritage flight

On Memorial Day weekend, no heritage flight?!?! Unbelievable.
0 x

MattEv14

Post by MattEv14 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:40 pm

If you were disappointed by that lineup overall then you should probably give up airshows in the US altogether and just go to RIAT. There probably won’t be more than a couple shows this year that will have more military hardware in the air than this one.

They tried for the F-22 and F-16 demo teams and didn’t get them. I talked to the F-35 team at the show and no heritage flight qualified pilots were able to make it. That’s not the shows fault. The B-1’s were grounded until a few weeks ago and it only 1-2 per squadron are currently flying. That’s not the shows fault. No B-2 was a shame but what can you do?

I was critical of the shows communication related to the lineup prior and I completely agree that they should’ve probably provided a finalized list of what was actually going to make it in the days prior. That said, it’s 2019 and the glory days of airshows in the US are over. If you can’t appreciate that all military lineup spanning all branches of the service then I don’t know what to tell you. Enjoy RIAT with all the other spoiled people.
0 x

asclepias

Post by asclepias » Tue May 28, 2019 2:54 pm

Yeah, I guess I must be spoiled for being disappointed that a quarter of the advertised performances did not appear. :roll:
They "tried" for the F-22 and F-16? Not the show's fault? That is total BS. If they couldn't get them then they shouldn't have been listed as performers. One expects one or two last-minute changes to the lineup, but not 5. If they had released a final performer list, with the changes, I would have at least appreciated the honesty.
0 x

MattEv14

Post by MattEv14 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:34 pm

The show submitted a request for single ship demo performances for all ACC aircraft and ultimately only received the F-35 demo team. It’s not their fault they only received one. For all we know there were supposed to be F-16 and F-22 flyovers that cancelled last minute. Ever since the grounding the B-1 wasn’t going to be there. As I said I completely agree those performers should’ve been removed from the website. I am just amazed somebody could go to that show and not appreciate it for what is was. You must go through life constantly disappointed.
1 x

awal2049

Post by awal2049 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:54 pm

Amazing in-the-cockpit video of the F-35 Demo at Miami.

https://www.facebook.com/F35DEMO/videos ... /?sfnsw=cl
1 x

bpep3311

Post by bpep3311 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:27 am

So i felt the need to comment of this years show, as ive been going to airshows over the last 35 years i have to say this one was one
of the best shows, it was like non stop action, even though some of the acts did not show there was still more acts than any of the shows
performed in Florida. The weather was perfect with minimal clouds. The a-10"s were awesome, and what a surprise the an F-15 making
3 high speed passes with full after burner, who ever says this show wasn't great has no airshow experience!!, so please pass it on and thank
whoever was involved, we loved it!!!
1 x

Flyby

Post by Flyby » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:02 pm

I have attended just about every airshow in south Florida over the last 20 years and although nothing will live up to the old Opa Locka and Ft. Lauderdale shows of yore with full military lineup, airliner low passes, beach landings, mock barge attacks, lcat landings.... this is about as good as you're gonna get today. First year of the Miami Beach show was better but things can't always be perfect with the limited performances of demo teams in peak season. Now I do agree the performers list should have been updated since now it comes off as a marketing tactic that will probably deter some people from attending next year, but if you care enough like we do and follow these forums you know what's up. Overall I say not the best, but enjoy while you can because Ive seen air shows in Florida completely disappear and it's looking like its heading in that direction again.
0 x

Alex41985

Post by Alex41985 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:32 pm

For those interested, the TV listings for the Air & Sea Show.

https://usasalute.com/wp-content/upload ... e-2019.pdf
0 x

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”