Facebook Event Incorrectly Claims Great State of Maine Airshow is Coming Next Month

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:39 pm

These fake facebook pages are insane. I have no idea how some random people in Bangladesh got the idea to start spoofing airshow pages specifically but at one point last year we had over 300 pending requests to 'co-host' a fake event. They try to tie it in with our page to add legitimacy. ICAS has sent out multiple messages about it but it's pretty much impossible to stop. So ridiculous.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:33 pm

The fake livestreams that keep popping up are ridiculous, too.
0 x
Matt

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:57 pm

kalamazookid wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:33 pm The fake livestreams that keep popping up are ridiculous, too.
They're the same thing - their goal is to create events and pages that attract a following and then they use them to spam fraudulent stream links to harvest credit card info. Airshows are such a small, specific thing that I am shocked we ended up on the target list!
3 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

schultzairshows

Post by schultzairshows » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 am

This is becoming a major problem all over Facebook. Best thing to do is to report it to Facebook as a fake event, fake page.
The fake livestreaming, fake ticketing, etc. are also all over the place now.

I don't have much trust in Facebook fixing the problem as most of their folks are probably still living in their mom's basement.

David Schultz, President
David Schultz Airshows
0 x