DOD organization of Air Shows

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
TB30

DOD organization of Air Shows

Post by TB30 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:25 am

Hello all,

I am researching how US DOD in involved in air shows organization in order to compare to French system that we want to improve.
This is a volunteer work made by Air Force reserve officers that I am participating in.

French Air Force system is based both on free participation to civilian organized air shows and events (through Patrouille de France and French AF aerobatic team as well as combat aircraft demos) and military organized “days” when French AF is fully responsible for a week-end air show on an active Air Force Base.

I mainly would like to understand if, in the US system, USAF (or USN or Marines in other instances) is financially involved in any airshows, and/or has some benefit for side organizations as we do (charities for veterans for example).

If not organized by DOD, what kind of organizations have full responsibility on an air show organized for the Air Force (or Navy) or on an Air Force base? Are they only non for profit 501c3 groups or is USAF also subcontracting to external air show professional organizers?

Is there a difference between the way USAF/USN/Marines deal with this topic and ANG at State level?

Thank you for your time. You can contact me on private address if needed at: pierreduval @ wanadoo.fr

regards
Pierre
Last edited by RyanS on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:15 pm

TB30 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:25 am Hello all,

I am researching how US DOD in involved in air shows organization in order to compare to French system that we want to improve.
This is a volunteer work made by Air Force reserve officers that I am participating in.

French Air Force system is based both on free participation to civilian organized air shows and events (through Patrouille de France and French AF aerobatic team as well as combat aircraft demos) and military organized “days” when French AF is fully responsible for a week-end air show on an active Air Force Base.

I mainly would like to understand if, in the US system, USAF (or USN or Marines in other instances) is financially involved in any airshows, and/or has some benefit for side organizations as we do (charities for veterans for example).

If not organized by DOD, what kind of organizations have full responsibility on an air show organized for the Air Force (or Navy) or on an Air Force base? Are they only non for profit 501c3 groups or is USAF also subcontracting to external air show professional organizers?

Is there a difference between the way USAF/USN/Marines deal with this topic and ANG at State level?

Thank you for your time. You can contact me on private address if needed at: pierreduval @ wanadoo.fr

regards
Pierre
Hello Pierre!

Have you been in contact with the International Council of Air Shows (ICAS) yet? They will surely have the most information to help you.

https://airshows.aero/Roster/ContactUs

The system you describe sounds very similar to what I understand the US system to be, but ICAS should have a much more detailed understanding.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

TB30

Post by TB30 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Thank you Ryan.
I shall contact them.
Best
Pierre
0 x