Can you relate to these observations at air shows?

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
Redspan

Can you relate to these observations at air shows?

Post by Redspan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:24 pm

I returned home from a show the weekend before last and jotted down these thoughts, then put them into a video. Can you relate to them?

Tongue firmly in cheek of course :D

15 Things Only Air Show Fans & Aviation Enthusiasts Would Understand

https://youtu.be/GMmUsfbvkzY
Last edited by Redspan on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:41 pm

This is great! :lol:

I'll add mine:

After arriving early, setting up your chair among what you hope will be a great group of fellow enthusiasts and wandering the static displays all morning, you return to your chair to find yourself set up next to the loudest children at the event. As the warbirds taxi past, the youngest falls to the ground in a crying fit proclaiming "THIS ISN'T EVEN FUN!" You spend the rest of the afternoon hoping the parent's patience runs out before yours does.

^This may or may not be based on a true story from an airshow last summer.
Last edited by kalamazookid on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Matt

Redspan

Post by Redspan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Thanks Matt :D

Yes, I'll bet I've missed quite a few. I took my grand children to an air show a couple of years ago. They spent most of the time looking at their phones!
0 x

BigDaddyJeff

Post by BigDaddyJeff » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:21 pm

I've got one too:

You forget to bring sunscreen, so after spending a day baking in the hot sun in the photographer's pit, and queuing for 2 hours for that once-in-a-lifetime photo-op with the special VIP guest who you've wanted to meet for years, you look like a recently-boiled lobster in the photo!
Not to mention the sweat-stains on my shirt... Still, met Col. Chris Hadfield! Cross one off the bucket list!
Aero-Gatineau 2018
1 x