Tips for air show?

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
JoaquinViggo

Tips for air show?

Post by JoaquinViggo » Mon May 03, 2021 6:58 pm

I am going to the air show first time this weekend. Any tips you could pass along to make the day a great day? Is there seating available? Should I take a chair? How is parking? Thanks in advance.
1 x

BruceK

Post by BruceK » Tue May 04, 2021 5:59 am

JoaquinViggo wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:58 pm I am going to the air show first time this weekend. Any tips you could pass along to make the day a great day? Is there seating available? Should I take a chair? How is parking? Thanks in advance.
What airshow is it? The show's website should have a FAQ that will answer what the viewing options are, parking, and what is allowed and not allowed. Format's can vary show to show, especially now with the pandemic. In general, shows that have VIP or upgraded seating options include chairs. For general admission tickets you bring your own chair. Of course several airshows have gone to a drive-in format, which you need chairs to sit next to your car. Obviously, wear comfortable clothing for the weather and don't forget sunscreen/sunglasses. Most shows don't allow food and drink but all will have food vendors. Go early to beat traffic and get closer seats to the flight line.
3 x