Standby music between acts at airshows...

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
SmokEater316

Standby music between acts at airshows...

Post by SmokEater316 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:25 pm

Hi all,

I am one of those folks who love the standby music between acts and before the headliners at airshows.
Question: Is this music selected by the Airboss/narration team, or is there a standard playlist that is circulated around for shows (ICAS maybe?).
My guess is that the individual narration team would do it, so it would generally be different at different shows, but I have noticed a similarity to this music at differently managed shows.
Further, I'm sure the demo teams have some short lead-in music while their particular ground shows are going on. That's not quite what I'm referring to.

Getting down to the meat of it, are there any playlists anywhere with similar music that I could download?

Thanks, y'all!
0 x
"Blue skies, Blue Angels!"

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:52 am

SmokEater316 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:25 pm Hi all,

I am one of those folks who love the standby music between acts and before the headliners at airshows.
Question: Is this music selected by the Airboss/narration team, or is there a standard playlist that is circulated around for shows (ICAS maybe?).
My guess is that the individual narration team would do it, so it would generally be different at different shows, but I have noticed a similarity to this music at differently managed shows.
Further, I'm sure the demo teams have some short lead-in music while their particular ground shows are going on. That's not quite what I'm referring to.

Getting down to the meat of it, are there any playlists anywhere with similar music that I could download?

Thanks, y'all!
You are the first person I have ever heard say anything of the sort :)

The filler music is usually picked by either the announcer or the folks who are managing the sound system. They each have different playlists that they like to use which is why it can sound similar at different shows. At least one has a special rain-themed playlist to use during rain delays.

Mostly they are regular songs by known artists, so they shouldn't be hard to find individually. Sometimes they use movie scores as well. If you can find the song, you can usually find it on youtube and download the audio from there.

I'm afraid I can't give a more specific answer without more info on what songs you might mean!
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

SmokEater316

Post by SmokEater316 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:27 am

I suspected that it was an individual choice.
I was the photog for a local airshow and worked close to Hugh Oldham and I knew that particular show's filler music was his creation, but wasn't sure if there was more of a standardized playlist.

That was a great confirmation.

What I'm trying to do is make a similar background music playlist for my office for when I'm processing pics or surfing.

Thanks!
1 x
"Blue skies, Blue Angels!"