Will Ward Returning to Airshow Circuit?

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
kalamazookid

Will Ward Returning to Airshow Circuit?

Post by kalamazookid » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Good news for jet warbird fans in the upper Midwest! From the post below, it appears that Will Ward is returning to the airshow circuit with his MiG-17 and MiG-21, as well as a brand new MiG-23 (unless these are file photos).

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... &width=500

If Will is indeed returning to airshow flying, this is great news. Will was a regular at airshows throughout the midwest with his MiG-17. I saw the MiG-21 on static display at several shows as well, though I never got to see it in the air. A regularly flying MiG-23 would be fantastic as well!

Looking forward to hearing more news on this.
0 x
Matt

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:45 pm

He has posted on FB that he does intend to return to shows this year. I saw mention of his MiG-17 getting a new engine (it is at Code 1 in Rockford now) and he did buy a MiG-23 that is still in Florida last I heard. I am guessing that the MiG-21 would be him borrowing his friend Paul's to fly. It's a two seater that was (is?) based in Dekalb.

I have not seen Will in years now and am very excited to see him getting back into it!
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

RFDGuy

Post by RFDGuy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:24 am

RyanS wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:45 pm He has posted on FB that he does intend to return to shows this year. I saw mention of his MiG-17 getting a new engine (it is at Code 1 in Rockford now) and he did buy a MiG-23 that is still in Florida last I heard. I am guessing that the MiG-21 would be him borrowing his friend Paul's to fly. It's a two seater that was (is?) based in Dekalb.

I have not seen Will in years now and am very excited to see him getting back into it!
They're still working on his Mig-17 in Rockford as of now, and I believe the 21 that belonged to Paul has since been sold. To somewhere in FL I think I heard.
0 x