EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2020 (CANCELED)

Discussion relating to 2020 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Bretten Bailey

EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2020 (CANCELED)

Post by Bretten Bailey » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:09 pm

EAA AirVenture at Oshkosh 2020
"The World's Greatest Aviation Celebration"
July 20th-July 26th
Wittman Airfield
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure

Amazing Updates to come, as always!
Last edited by RyanS on Fri May 01, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:38 am

Oshkosh is definitely on my radar for next year. Heard a lot of great things about the show.
0 x

Airshow0wen

Post by Airshow0wen » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:39 pm

Would love to see a gathering of P-40’s for next years show.

Also looks like they are “hopeful” for the snowbirds time return next year, according to the Airventure 2019 Conclusion video posted a couple months ago

https://youtu.be/1rPEGKtG-R4
Last edited by Airshow0wen on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:15 am

I think it's a safe bet that one of the themes at next year's show in Oshkosh is the 75th Anniversary of the end of WWII. Would be awesome to see a gathering of unique and rare aircraft from that era from the P-38 Lightning to the F6F Hellcat.
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:21 pm

After a couple of years editing the Oshkosh roundup videos for this website, it looks like I'll finally be able to attend in person for the full week in 2020 - my first Oshkosh experience and in fact my first ever US airshow! This is almost certainly in place of RIAT, which I became rather disillusioned with this year. Excited isn't the word! I'm not sure how long it'll be before I have a chance to go Stateside again after this, so to see some big names that don't travel outside North America like the Snowbirds would be a big deal for me, and likewise the prospect of some US warbirds is very exciting too. But as a newbie, I'm sure it will be an epic week under any circumstances. Roll on July 2020!
3 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

RadarOneOnes Girl

Post by RadarOneOnes Girl » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:51 pm

This has been a Bucket List Airshow for a while for me, but years for my man, so we're going... as our Honeymoon!
B&B is booked. Flight is booked. Rental car booked. Counting down the days!
2 x
<>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Sam Butler

Post by Sam Butler » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:07 pm

Adam wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:21 pm After a couple of years editing the Oshkosh roundup videos for this website, it looks like I'll finally be able to attend in person for the full week in 2020 - my first Oshkosh experience and in fact my first ever US airshow according to orbital today! This is almost certainly in place of RIAT, which I became rather disillusioned with this year. Excited isn't the word! I'm not sure how long it'll be before I have a chance to go Stateside again after this, so to see some big names that don't travel outside North America like the Snowbirds would be a big deal for me, and likewise the prospect of some US warbirds is very exciting too. But as a newbie, I'm sure it will be an epic week under any circumstances. Roll on July 2020!

Golden words :) I'm going to visit it too.
Last edited by Sam Butler on Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Life's good

Bryanb

Post by Bryanb » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:06 am

I am hoping that a b1 will come through next year I was somewhat disappointed when I found out when one wasn't coming.
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:00 pm

The podcast Show Center with Ric Peterson, Rob Reider, and Matt Jolley talked with Dennis Dunbar about the 2020 show. It's about 30 minutes long. Here are some of the hints he dropped about 2020:

Celebrating the 75th Anniversary of World War II "Huge warbird show"

Less of the traditional performers to accommodate with the WWII anniversary theme

Changes to the way warbirds show will work. Make it safer and make it more exciting for fans

Stuff will be announced at ICAS that will take more time then usual during the show hours

"Not just Santa comes from the North" (Hinting Snowbirds - 50th anniversary btw)

Different Partnership with the Air Force. Different command then they have dealt with in past shows (They have dealth with ACC, Global Strike Command, Air Mobility Command in past shows)

The Air Force partnership will have involvement with day/night shows

Trying to top the fireworks show from last year

Also a side note, the Snowbirds are 2 months behind training due to the incident in Atlanta.

Here is the link to the podcast if you want to listen: https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb- ... 4.facebook
2 x
Dan Gagnon

Airshowlover811

Post by Airshowlover811 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Dan Gagnon wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:00 pm The podcast Show Center with Ric Peterson, Rob Reider, and Matt Jolley talked with Dennis Dunbar about the 2020 show. It's about 30 minutes long. Here are some of the hints he dropped about 2020:

Celebrating the 75th Anniversary of World War II "Huge warbird show"

Less of the traditional performers to accommodate with the WWII anniversary theme

Changes to the way warbirds show will work. Make it safer and make it more exciting for fans

Stuff will be announced at ICAS that will take more time then usual during the show hours

"Not just Santa comes from the North" (Hinting Snowbirds - 50th anniversary btw)

Different Partnership with the Air Force. Different command then they have dealt with in past shows (They have dealth with ACC, Global Strike Command, Air Mobility Command in past shows)

The Air Force partnership will have involvement with day/night shows

Trying to top the fireworks show from last year

Also a side note, the Snowbirds are 2 months behind training due to the incident in Atlanta.

Here is the link to the podcast if you want to listen: https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb- ... 4.facebook
Any idea what the Air Force partnership could be? Also hoping for a lot of military participation in the airshows this year.
1 x

Return to “2020 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”