Thunder Over Louisville 2020

Discussion relating to 2020 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
n33d4sp33d_85
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA

Thunder Over Louisville 2020

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:14 am

Thunder Over Louisville 2020
April 18th
Louisville, Kentucky
https://thunderoverlouisville.org/

Featuring
- US Army Golden Knights
- USAF F-16 Fighting Falcon Demo
- USAF Heritage Flight [F-16/TBD]
- US Navy F/A-18F Super Hornet Demo
- US Navy F-35C Lightning II Demo
- US Navy Legacy Flight [F-18F/TBD]
- USMC MV-22 Osprey Demo
- Greg Colyer [T-33 Shooting Star]
- Matt Younkin [Twin Beech 18]
- Wild Blue Rodeo [RV-8]
- KC Flight Formation Team [RVs]
- P-51 Mustang "Swamp Fox"
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 13 times in total.
0 x

tehdeej
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:26 am

Post by tehdeej » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:37 pm

2020 Thunder Over Louisville Airshow
April 18, 2020, Louisville, KY

-USAF F-16 Viper Demonstration Team
-USMC MV-22 Osprey Demonstration
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:51 am

Greg Colyer of Ace Maker Airshows will be attending Thunder Over Louisville in his T-33 Shooting Star.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:18 pm

0 x

n33d4sp33d_85
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:09 am

KC Flight Formation Team returning to Louisville.
0 x

tosterbeck
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by tosterbeck » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 pm

According to the news this morning, Thunder Over Louisville has been approved for a Category 1 airbox. A smaller Category 2 air box was put in place in 2015 because of bridge construction on the Ohio River. Now that the Lincoln Bridge is complete and the Clark Memorial bridge is painted, the restrictions have been lifted.

The news is also reporting that the U.S. Navy F-35 Demo has been added, but take that with a grain of salt.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/kdf-reveals-t ... 2ee40.html
1 x

User avatar
RyanS
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Post by RyanS » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:05 pm

tosterbeck wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 pm
According to the news this morning, Thunder Over Louisville has been approved for a Category 1 airbox. A smaller Category 2 air box was put in place in 2015 because of bridge construction on the Ohio River. Now that the Lincoln Bridge is complete and the Clark Memorial bridge is painted, the restrictions have been lifted.

The news is also reporting that the U.S. Navy F-35 Demo has been added, but take that with a grain of salt.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/kdf-reveals-t ... 2ee40.html
Solid info there! I'm very surprised the Cat 1 was approved
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

deej21
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:51 pm
Location: Bardstown, KY

Post by deej21 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:15 pm

RyanS wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:05 pm
tosterbeck wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 pm
According to the news this morning, Thunder Over Louisville has been approved for a Category 1 airbox. A smaller Category 2 air box was put in place in 2015 because of bridge construction on the Ohio River. Now that the Lincoln Bridge is complete and the Clark Memorial bridge is painted, the restrictions have been lifted.

The news is also reporting that the U.S. Navy F-35 Demo has been added, but take that with a grain of salt.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/kdf-reveals-t ... 2ee40.html
Solid info there! I'm very surprised the Cat 1 was approved

Good things come to those who wait Ryan! haha
0 x

Airshowlover811
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by Airshowlover811 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:11 pm

deej21 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:15 pm
RyanS wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:05 pm
tosterbeck wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 pm
According to the news this morning, Thunder Over Louisville has been approved for a Category 1 airbox. A smaller Category 2 air box was put in place in 2015 because of bridge construction on the Ohio River. Now that the Lincoln Bridge is complete and the Clark Memorial bridge is painted, the restrictions have been lifted.

The news is also reporting that the U.S. Navy F-35 Demo has been added, but take that with a grain of salt.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/kdf-reveals-t ... 2ee40.html
Solid info there! I'm very surprised the Cat 1 was approved

Good things come to those who wait Ryan! haha
Honestly doubting navy would send them both but god I hope it’s true and where are they getting 7 demo teams from? Anyone have any idea what they might be?
0 x

Airshowlover811
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by Airshowlover811 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:25 pm

I seen a news article and it had pictures of aircraft to Expect and it had the performers already listed and also had the C-17,CF-18s,B-2,A-10s,F-16s, and the F-22.
0 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests