CenterPoint Energy Dayton Air Show 2021

Discussion relating to 2021 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
EricP

Post by EricP » Thu May 20, 2021 12:57 pm

RyanS wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:37 pm I had made plans with some friends and bought one of the 'front row' drive-in tickets so that we could all sit together and not race to beat the crowds. I am glad that they will be able to return to a normal show but now that I can't save a good seat I doubt I'll make the drive down. We'll see how eager I am for a show at that point
I certainly understand that. You really need to be up front with the show line being so far away...at least if you are there for photos. Plus it seems like you have to walk miles from the gate to get to the seating area (obviously slightly exaggerating), but it is a good distance.

Also as an FYI to anyone that bought drive in tickets, I just received an email that stated allow 20 business days for the amount to be refunded.
Last edited by EricP on Thu May 20, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Eric P.

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sat May 22, 2021 5:07 am

The CenterPoint Energy Dayton Air Show Presented by Kroger is a safe environment. Below are show site features, safety initiatives and recommendations that will help keep you safe:

Fresh Air – Everything is outdoors. Nothing like good ole fresh air on a beautiful summer day.
Space – Show has over 100 acres of grounds. Plenty of room to spread out.
Sanitation Stations – Placed throughout the site for guest convenience.
Specialty Seating – Tables spaced 6’ .apart.
Cleaning – Tables, chairs and other surfaces sanitized each day.
Portable restrooms spaced 6’ apart and frequently sanitized. Each unit equipped with hand sanitizer.
Staying safe and separate is a team effort! Your assistance helps keep you and the spectators around you safe. Here’s some things you can do:

Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
Wear a mask, if desired, when in close proximity to other people
Try to maintain a distance of 6 feet or more between your party and others.
Do not attend the show if you or a family member have been sick.
Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids during the show.
Minimize touching surfaces and your face.
Avoid using cash when making purchases

Enoy the show and stay safe.
https://daytonairshow.com/2021-2/stay-safe-information/
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:23 pm

Stay tuned for additional performers tomorrow!
A couple of exciting performer aircraft additions to be announced tomorrow!
0 x

EricP

Post by EricP » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:55 am

n33d4sp33d_85 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:23 pm Stay tuned for additional performers tomorrow!
US Navy Super Hornet added! Just announced about 10 minutes ago.

The official post added after the announcement indicated it is the legacy flight featuring a Corsair as well. Don't know if that is considered to be both of the performing aircraft announcements or not.

I just received confirmation from the show that this is not a tac demo.
Last edited by EricP on Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
0 x
Eric P.

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:18 pm

I've been hoping to sneak something else in before Oshkosh. This show moving to a traditional format and the additions might sway me into going. It would be a three hour drive and I still have mixed feelings even with the Super Hornet demo and Legacy Flight, but another addition might seal the deal.
0 x
Matt

IDF783

Post by IDF783 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:45 pm

kalamazookid wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:18 pm I've been hoping to sneak something else in before Oshkosh. This show moving to a traditional format and the additions might sway me into going. It would be a three hour drive and I still have mixed feelings even with the Super Hornet demo and Legacy Flight, but another addition might seal the deal.
Same here. If it was a true TAC Demo, then it may egg me on to go. Still on the fence. Another military act likely. Also, I usually visit the USAF museum in Dayton (been there a few times) but still haven't seen all in that ginormous complex. Makes the trip worthwhile.
0 x

tehdeej

Post by tehdeej » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:42 pm

EricP wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:55 am
n33d4sp33d_85 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:23 pm Stay tuned for additional performers tomorrow!

The official post added after the announcement indicated it is the legacy flight featuring a Corsair as well. Don't know if that is considered to be both of the performing aircraft announcements or not.

The “westcoastrhinodemo” Instagram page said today, they are flying the full TACDEMO profile along with the Legacy Flight.
4 x

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:05 pm

That definitely moves the needle a bit! Hmm.
0 x
Matt

EricP

Post by EricP » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:19 am

tehdeej wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:42 pm
EricP wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:55 am

The “westcoastrhinodemo” Instagram page said today, they are flying the full TACDEMO profile along with the Legacy Flight.
Nice catch! And great news! What's funny is I contacted the show directly and they said "It is not a TAC Demo but both the Super Hornet and the Corsair will fly some passes on their own." They are definitely not the best at communicating as compared to other shows though so it shouldn't come as a surprise. Something could have changed since Tuesday, but whatever the reason, I am glad it did!
1 x
Eric P.

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:09 pm

1 x
Matt

Return to “2021 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”