Sky Drive 2021 (presented by Airshow London)

Discussion relating to 2021 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:13 am

August 27th, 28th and 29th
London International Airport
London, Ontario, Canada
https://airshowlondon.com/

Featuring
- RCAF Snowbirds
- US Navy Blue Angels [Saturday and Sunday only]
- RCAF CF-18 Hornet Demo
- USAF C-17 Globemaster III Demo
- USAF B-1B Lancer 2-Ship Flyby [Friday only]
- USAF E-3 Sentry Flyby (Saturday Only)
- USAF KC-135 Stratotanker Flyby
- Fat Albert C-130J Super Hercules
- USAF F-15C Eagles 2-Ship Flyby
- US Navy E-6B Mercury Flyby
- USCG MH-65 Dolphin SAR Demo
- USCG HC-144 Ocean Sentry
- US Navy P-8 Poseidon
- US Navy E-2 Hawkeye Demo
- US Navy C-2 Greyhound Flyby
- RCAF CC-150 Polaris
- RCAF CC-130J Hercules
- RCAF CT-156 Harvard II
- RCAF CC-130T Hercules and 2 x CF-18 Hornets (Air Refueling Demo)
- US Navy F/A-18E Super Hornets x 2 [Friday and Sunday Only]
- Northern Stars Aerobatic Team - Pitts S2 x 2
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:33 pm, edited 29 times in total.
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Sounds like the Drive-In format is returning in 2021.

This e-mail was posted in a Facebook group:
Dear Airshow London 2020 Ticket Holders,

We are excited to announce that our 2021 event will be proceeding as a drive-in style event as we all navigate a socially distant world. Tickets will be launched tomorrow, December 9th, 2020. Watch for our announcement.

Due to the change in our event format as a result of Covid-19, there is new information regarding your 2020 purchases. Please review the information below regarding your tickets.

Important Information:

· You will be provided a credit towards SkyDrive 2021 tickets for your tickets purchased between December 2019 – June 2020.

· Your 2020 tickets will not be valid at SkyDrive 2021 gates.

· To Redeem Your Credit: please call the Airshow London office to purchase SkyDrive 2021 tickets. (519) 204-4537 This credit will be active starting Monday, December 14th, 2020.

· This credit will only be valid for the 2021 show season and cannot be carried over to future events. This credit is based on availability of the 2021 show and expires June 25, 2021.

· Credits that remain after the expiration date or that are not redeemed will be donated to our partnering charities in our annual #MissionToGive

*Any individual at the Airshow London box office can assist you with your purchase and redemption.

Our 2021 show is August 27-29, featuring the U.S. Navy Blue Angels! We can’t wait to see you there.

Until we take flight,

Tori-Lyn Hill
Media & Public Relations

AIRSHOW LONDON
180 Simcoe Street, London ON

Office: (519) 204-4537

[email protected] | www.airshowlondon.com

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
Nice that the organizers made up their mind so quickly on this format. With over a year, plus one show under their belt, I'm excited to see what they can do to make this format even more successful then the first one!
Last edited by Dan Gagnon on Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

mstares

Post by mstares » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:18 pm

I think it is wise to commit to this format (for 2021) now given the lingering uncertainty of the pandemic. It will allow them to get a jump on maximizing the upside of this format and prevent a last minute scramble.

Really hope , though, for 2022 that we see a return to the usual format, Statics (arrival departure, viewing and interaction with the crews) are half the attraction for me.

The line up was spectacular for 2020 (but I'm not bitter). Whilst it is a tad unlikely to ever see anything comparable, I do look forward to see what they arrange this year.
0 x

Faust

Post by Faust » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:54 pm

Got the notice in my email yesterday, purchased the Red Zone ticket right away.

I don't know how they got the airport to agree to shut down for the show, but I agree it's good to be prepared.

I liked the Skydrive, although I also like seeing the jets up close.

All I care right now is that there is a show, the Blues are comin', and I've got my ticket.

It'll be hard to beat last year's lineup, likely, but ASL rocked it hard in 2020, so I have faith at this point.

Not very often I have airshow tickets before Christmas...

I'm pumped. It's just going to be a long wait.
0 x

smalldude333

Post by smalldude333 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:08 am

I am a little late here, but I guess Airshow London 2021 will continue with "Sky Drive" for next year.

This does not make a whole lot of sense to me making this announcement this early since we won't for sure the whole Covid situation for that far in advance. However, we are still very uncertain on the virus numbers next year.

Since both vaccines have been approved and people are already getting the Pfizer vaccine, I think they should have waited a bit and addressed the severity of risk in early 2021. Although, Sky Drive did have sellout crowds in the 2020 show, so maybe they are planning the show again since it worked out so well.
Last edited by smalldude333 on Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:41 am

smalldude333 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:08 am I am a little late here, but I guess Airshow London 2021 will continue with "Sky Drive" for next year.

This does not make a whole lot of sense to me making this announcement this early since we won't for sure the whole Covid situation for that far in advance. However, we are still very uncertain on the virus numbers next year.

Since both vaccines have been approved and people are already getting the Pfizer vaccine, I think they should have waited a bit and addressed the severity of risk in early 2021. Although, Sky Drive did have sellout crowds in the 2020 show, so maybe they are planning the show again since it worked out so well.
I think they decided this early for the Drive-In format because they know what they need to do to pull it off and have experience on putting it on last year.

Also, it avoids the mess it would cause if they swayed back and forth between normal show vs drive-in. I think it just makes sense to just go with it, knowing they are able to put on the event and to conform with the guidelines in the year 2021 where this covid stuff may or may not subside, and just hope 2022 is the return to normalcy in the world and airshows.
0 x
Dan Gagnon

smalldude333

Post by smalldude333 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:40 am

Dan Gagnon wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:41 am
smalldude333 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:08 am I am a little late here, but I guess Airshow London 2021 will continue with "Sky Drive" for next year.

I think they decided this early for the Drive-In format because they know what they need to do to pull it off and have experience on putting it on last year.

Also, it avoids the mess it would cause if they swayed back and forth between normal show vs drive-in. I think it just makes sense to just go with it, knowing they are able to put on the event and to conform with the guidelines in the year 2021 where this covid stuff may or may not subside, and just hope 2022 is the return to normalcy in the world and airshows.
Yeah, makes sense because they are already adapted to this format and it is not a totally new concept and they don't want to be scrambling to change plans for the show close to the show's date.

Merry Christmas!
0 x

jason2018

Post by jason2018 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:51 pm

I'm not sure if many people have seen this yet as it hasn't been posted in this forum yet but we've added the Friday evening show for this year show. The show is shaping up to be great! Stay tune!
1 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:56 pm

jason2018 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:51 pm I'm not sure if many people have seen this yet as it hasn't been posted in this forum yet but we've added the Friday evening show for this year show. The show is shaping up to be great! Stay tune!
Thanks for the update! Twilight shows are the best! Hopefully I can cross the border...
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:23 pm

jason2018 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:51 pm I'm not sure if many people have seen this yet as it hasn't been posted in this forum yet but we've added the Friday evening show for this year show. The show is shaping up to be great! Stay tune!
One thing to note is that the Blue Angels will not be part of the line-up for the Friday show. It has been stated throughout the website and on the ticket sales site (which are reduced for the Friday show, due to no Blues)

Hopefully, I don't see people complaining about no Blues on Friday, when it CLEARLY is stated on the website and ticket page :lol:
0 x
Dan Gagnon

Return to “2021 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”