Thunder Over Michigan 2021

Discussion relating to 2021 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
smalldude333
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:17 pm
Location: Canton, Michigan

Post by smalldude333 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Any uptades? Sorry, I just had to :lol:

I was just thinking, on June 22, 2016, YAM hosted a show with the Snowbirds and CF-18 called Wild Wednesday to celebrate their 35th anniversary. YAM's 40th anniversary happens to fall on a Wednesday next year... IDK, I'm just getting ideas :)
Last edited by smalldude333 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Josh
The Plane Addict

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:28 pm
Location: Menifee, CA
Contact:

Post by Nick » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:29 pm

smalldude333 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:16 pm Any updates? Sorry, I just had to :lol:

I was just thinking, on June 22, 2016, YAM hosted a show with the Snowbirds and CF-18 called Wild Wednesday to celebrate their 25th anniversary.. YAM's 30th anniversary happens to fall on Wednesday next year... IDK, I'm just getting ideas :)
It would seem legitiament, there could be possiblitiy where YAM were to have the Snowbrids and CF-18 Demo Team, but thats probably thoughts too. I'm curious TOM will receive the Canadian forces, but certainly to say, most likely not since it is to have a gathering similar to the 2019 show. 30th Anniversary seems a big enough event to say.
Last edited by Nick on Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Nick W. Jenkins
Horizon Sky Photography
Airshow Insider

smalldude333
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:17 pm
Location: Canton, Michigan

Post by smalldude333 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:22 am

I'm doubtful that TOM will get the Canadian Forces, but I don't think they have hosted them in the past (accept Wild Wednesday). Although, the 30th anniversary of YAM is certainly bigger than a 35th anniversary. I would not be too surprised if YAM hosted a seperate show with the Canadian Forces possibly called "Wild Wednesday". This is all just wishful thinking for me, living only 5 minutes away from Willow Run Airpor4.
Last edited by smalldude333 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Josh
The Plane Addict

smalldude333
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:17 pm
Location: Canton, Michigan

Post by smalldude333 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:32 am

Now that I think of it, Abby will get the Canadian Forces rather than TOM.
0 x
Josh
The Plane Addict

smalldude333
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:17 pm
Location: Canton, Michigan

Post by smalldude333 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:42 pm

First Mitchell added to list for "Mitchell Madness" is YAM's very own, the B-25 "Yankee Warrior".
Last edited by smalldude333 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Josh
The Plane Addict

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:28 pm
Location: Menifee, CA
Contact:

Post by Nick » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:12 pm

smalldude333 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:42 pm First Mitchell added to list for "Mitchell Madness" is YAM's very own, the B-25 "Yankee Warrior".
Now when it comes to thought, It was certainly to say in the very beginning, that YAM's 'Yankee Warrior' a North American B-25 Mitchell Bomber would be apart, it would seem very relevant to say, since the airshow will be based on what is most likely the way they pronounced it "Mitchell Madness", so easily to think about its in general a B-25 Mitchell Gathering.
0 x
Nick W. Jenkins
Horizon Sky Photography
Airshow Insider

smalldude333
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:17 pm
Location: Canton, Michigan

Post by smalldude333 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Nick wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:12 pm
smalldude333 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:42 pm First Mitchell added to list for "Mitchell Madness" is YAM's very own, the B-25 "Yankee Warrior".
Now when it comes to thought, It was certainly to say in the very beginning, that YAM's 'Yankee Warrior' a North American B-25 Mitchell Bomber would be apart, it would seem very relevant to say, since the airshow will be based on what is most likely the way they pronounced it "Mitchell Madness", so easily to think about its in general a B-25 Mitchell Gathering.
Tom will not be confirming a new Mitchell every day for the next 25 days, although they still do have YAM's Mitchell confirmed.

I guess I just misunderstood what TOM ment by "25 days of Michelle Madness".
0 x
Josh
The Plane Addict

Bretten Bailey
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by Bretten Bailey » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:47 pm

smalldude333 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:35 pm
Nick wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:12 pm
smalldude333 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:42 pm First Mitchell added to list for "Mitchell Madness" is YAM's very own, the B-25 "Yankee Warrior".
Now when it comes to thought, It was certainly to say in the very beginning, that YAM's 'Yankee Warrior' a North American B-25 Mitchell Bomber would be apart, it would seem very relevant to say, since the airshow will be based on what is most likely the way they pronounced it "Mitchell Madness", so easily to think about its in general a B-25 Mitchell Gathering.
Tom will not be confirming a new Mitchell every day for the next 25 days, although they still do have YAM's Mitchell confirmed.

I guess I just misunderstood what TOM ment by "25 days of Michelle Madness".
While that is true...a lot of the aircraft that will be profiled will also end up being present :)

It's going to be a great show next year.
1 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning (Consultant)
Universe of Adventures - www.universeofadventures.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3UHyT ... irmation=1

User avatar
n33d4sp33d_85
Posts: 6379
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:02 am

0 x

smalldude333
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:17 pm
Location: Canton, Michigan

Post by smalldude333 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:52 am

n33d4sp33d_85 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:02 am Website released.
https://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/
I'm surprised they don't have "Mitchell Madness" listed as an attraction yet.

I am curious to see when they will start getting Mitchell confirmations for the show. Usually it is late fall early winter.
Last edited by smalldude333 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Josh
The Plane Addict

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TomCat14 and 12 guests