Stuart Airshow spotting locations

Discussion relating to 2021 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
usmcwayne

Stuart Airshow spotting locations

Post by usmcwayne » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:38 am

Being new to the area (two months), I wonder if anyone has any advice for off-site shooting locations?

My guess would be the YMCA parking lot, across the road, but I’m also wondering about Indian Riverside Park?

I usually like to shoot the practice runs before the show begins. The organizers indicated that would be about noon on Friday.
0 x

Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:12 pm

usmcwayne wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:38 am Being new to the area (two months), I wonder if anyone has any advice for off-site shooting locations?

My guess would be the YMCA parking lot, across the road, but I’m also wondering about Indian Riverside Park?

I usually like to shoot the practice runs before the show begins. The organizers indicated that would be about noon on Friday.
I've been to this airshow a couple times now, and it's usually pretty good. The downsides are that the spectators face South/Southeast and the bigger jets (F-16, F-22, F-35) don't stage from the airport. The A-10 did stage out of Stuart last year.

I don't live nearby, so I've only been here for the shows. However, the YMCA lot may work pretty well watching the practice show. I'm not familiar with the Indian Riverside Park you mentioned, so I have no idea about that one.
1 x

Return to “2021 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”