2022 Festival of Flight Poster Contest
Naval Air Facility El Centro (NAFEC) is holding a design contest for the 2022 NAF El Centro Festival of Flight poster. All participants must be 18 years or older to enter. The winning designer will receive publicity and name recognition, including attribution on the poster and an announcement during the Festival of Flight 2022.
· All participants must be 18 years or older. The contest is open to everyone who meets the age restriction. There is no restriction on geographical location. Multiple entries are allowed.
· Participants must complete and provide the Festival of Flight 2022 Poster Contest Submission Form and Festival of Flight 2022 Poster Contest Entry and Release Form with their original artwork and submit via email to [email protected]. All entries must be received by midnight PST on April 16, 2021. Artwork not accompanied by the Entry and Release Form will not be eligible to enter the contest.
Guidelines for Poster Design:
· The theme of the 2022 Festival of Flight is “Celebrating 75+ years of aviation history in the Valley”
· Poster should include a reference to “Vraciu Field” which is the name of NAF El Centro’s airfield.
· There should be an open area for us to insert next year’s opening times and specific event dates.
· Imagery should focus on aircraft and events associated with NAF El Centro and the Imperial Valley.
· All graphic art/photography used must be your original work. Do NOT use anything copyrighted, registered, or developed by someone else in part or entirety. The required Poster Contest Entry and Release Form includes a statement certifying that you are the copyright owner of the artwork submitted.
· The poster should NOT be Blue Angels-centric, although they may be a component of it. Any entry containing a copyrighted depiction of Blue Angels’ or other Navy copyrighted material may lead to disqualification.
· The word(s) “air show” or “airshow” should NOT be used and entry may be disqualified if used.
· “Festival of Flight” should figure prominently on the poster.
· The poster should be sized at 24”x36.”
· Digital designs should be submitted as a 300 dpi JPG or PDF. If submitting a traditional painting or drawing, it should be scanned and sent as a 300 dpi JPG.
· The design will be made into posters and postcards for event publication purposes. They will be available to local communities to post. The design will also be posted to the Internet, social media sites, and print news, with attribution to the artist.
· JUDGING CRITERIA: Poster designs will be judged on their visual impact, overall appealing effect, and applicability to the theme, neatness, creativity, and originality. The Commanding officer and his team will be the sole judges and their decision is final.
· All entries must be received by midnight April 16, 2021. Winner and honorable mention(s) will be announced on the installation’s Facebook page and the Festival of Flight’s webpage on May 1, 2021.
· There is no entry fee and the prize has no value as the Festival of Flight is free.
· All artists submitting an entry must sign a release providing a non-exclusive license for the U.S. Navy to use the design forever. The design will become the property of the U.S. Navy.
· In the event of a cancellation, the contest and prize become null and void.
The Full Contest Rules are included in the Poster Contest Entry and Release Form, which is required to be signed and submitted for eligible entry into the Contest.
Link for PDF document: https://www.cnic.navy.mil/content/cnic/ ... 20FORM.pdf
#NAFEC is looking for your help! We want you to help us design the 2022 #FestivalOfFlight poster! Check out our website for the details and the submission form.
https://www.cnic.navy.mil/.../ElCentro. ... ntest.html
Horizon Sky Photography
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest