2022 Aerospace Valley Airshow

Discussion relating to 2022 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
HungrySharkHero

Post by HungrySharkHero » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:02 pm

I am curious, it mentions multiple ED based aircraft being performers, but are they doing full demonstrations? EG: is an Edwards F-16 performing comparable to a demo by the Viper West team?
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:25 am

HungrySharkHero wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:02 pm I am curious, it mentions multiple ED based aircraft being performers, but are they doing full demonstrations? EG: is an Edwards F-16 performing comparable to a demo by the Viper West team?
Highly unlikely, Edwards is known for a 'parade' with pretty much all of the aircraft so that's what I'd expect.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

HungrySharkHero

Post by HungrySharkHero » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:57 pm

RyanS wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:25 am
HungrySharkHero wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:02 pm I am curious, it mentions multiple ED based aircraft being performers, but are they doing full demonstrations? EG: is an Edwards F-16 performing comparable to a demo by the Viper West team?
Highly unlikely, Edwards is known for a 'parade' with pretty much all of the aircraft so that's what I'd expect.
Interesting...

I’m not going to lie, the list of performing aircraft is very impressive, but if they’re not doing demonstrations it loses a lot of it’s appeal. I was considering making the trip but if all these performers aren’t doing actual demonstrations I don’t think I will go.
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:20 am

HungrySharkHero wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:57 pm
Interesting...

I’m not going to lie, the list of performing aircraft is very impressive, but if they’re not doing demonstrations it loses a lot of it’s appeal. I was considering making the trip but if all these performers aren’t doing actual demonstrations I don’t think I will go.
Update for you: I have been told that the base aircraft will be doing "more than a parade". It still won't be the normal demo profile because those pilots have to be specially certified but probably something like an 'airfield attack' demo which to me is even better
Last edited by RyanS on Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

HungrySharkHero

Post by HungrySharkHero » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:52 am

RyanS wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:20 am
HungrySharkHero wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:57 pm

Interesting...

Update for you: I have been told that the base aircraft will be doing "more than a parade". It still won't be the normal demo profile because those pilots have to be specially certified but probably something like an 'airfield attack' demo which to me is even better
Thank you for the the update, I really appreciate it!
0 x

dzirzow

Post by dzirzow » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:30 am

Never been to this show or area of country. Anyone know if you can get close enough to watch practice on Friday? If not any other suggestions for something to do on Friday?
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:32 am

dzirzow wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:30 am Never been to this show or area of country. Anyone know if you can get close enough to watch practice on Friday? If not any other suggestions for something to do on Friday?
I don't think you can get within 5 miles of the runway at Edwards.

Santa Maria is about 3 hours away and has a great lineup as well. Some of us are hoping to go there Friday for their practice.

Other than that, you could check out Mojave or spot at Palmdale?
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

TooTallDean

Post by TooTallDean » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:49 am

This could get interesting!

https://avairshow.com/about/sonic-boom-demo/

"...with several sonic booms planned throughout the weekend."
0 x

Mousekey

Post by Mousekey » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:27 am

RyanS wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:32 am

Santa Maria is about 3 hours away and has a great lineup as well. Some of us are hoping to go there Friday for their practice.

Ryan - any ideas on the best locations at Santa Maria to watch the practice?
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:25 pm

Mousekey wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:27 am
RyanS wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:32 am

Ryan - any ideas on the best locations at Santa Maria to watch the practice?
Sorry, no idea. I am hoping they might give me access to the field for the practice show. If they don't then I'll be stumbling my way around until I find somewhere lol
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Return to “2022 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”